Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retrieve a situation

Options
  • 09-09-2019 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Hi
    My reputation and good name has taken a beaten. With all sorts being said. I have evidence to retrieve some of it. It's my fight back. But this happened late last year. Am I best to say something to the person, they have being mis lead or just leave it. I am dealing with GAA people and I don't come from a GAA background.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

raher1 wrote: »
    I am dealing with GAA people and I don't come from a GAA background.

OK - so I can at least advise you on your opening phrase:

"Ah yeah, sure, here, lookit"

Ice smashed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

I am just confuzzled about what it is they are asking. I need a translator.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Assuming this is culchieland, open with "The GAA need to split Dublin" and as soon as you see them nodding, they're yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Don't get the last line???? GAA People.... they ain't the mafia!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,857 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

major bill wrote: »

They might not be but they have a peculiar feral pack mindset, they stick up for their own at all costs regardless of what the person might be guilty of to hell with wrong, right or otherwise...I became sick of em in my local too especially..

Bar man tells us last orders has come and gone...but the sisters boyfriend of one of the GAA people regulars who is in the pub twice a year gets sorted for a late drink...

Someone else being a bit high spirited after a win on the horses gets told to tone it down... the GAA lads a bit spirited after a win and one of em knocks over a rake of pints, fûck all gets said...

A former Dublin player who drinks there a nice guy to be honest but who can hardly stand he drank so much falls onto a group of people and thinks it’s hilarious.... anyone else with that carry on it’s goodbye and good luck but with xxxx it’s a bit of a laugh and the barman... “here I’ll top up that pint try not to spill this one”...

‘GAA people’ it’s like the mafia almost from what I’ve seen in my area.... one rule for us... for them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

If ever an OP needed elaboration its this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭AlphabetCards

Yeah strumms, give someone else your business. Dont let them treat you as a second-rate customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

You could take the safe middle ground. Just kind of half say something to the person.

Yeah strumms, give someone else your business. Dont let them treat you as a second-rate customer.

It’s not a very regular occurrence but because of this crapola I just avoid the local on evenings after Dublin have been playing. I’d usually enjoy the atmosphere but just gets beyond easy to deal with....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Ever try going against them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,293 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Strumms wrote: »
    They might not be but they have a peculiar feral pack mindset, they stick up for their own at all costs regardless of what the person might be guilty of to hell with wrong, right or otherwise...I became sick of em in my local too especially..

Bar man tells us last orders has come and gone...but the sisters boyfriend of one of the GAA people regulars who is in the pub twice a year gets sorted for a late drink...

Someone else being a bit high spirited after a win on the horses gets told to tone it down... the GAA lads a bit spirited after a win and one of em knocks over a rake of pints, fûck all gets said...

A former Dublin player who drinks there a nice guy to be honest but who can hardly stand he drank so much falls onto a group of people and thinks it’s hilarious.... anyone else with that carry on it’s goodbye and good luck but with xxxx it’s a bit of a laugh and the barman... “here I’ll top up that pint try not to spill this one”...

‘GAA people’ it’s like the mafia almost from what I’ve seen in my area.... one rule for us... for them...

Jeez dry your eyes

lawred2 wrote: »
    Jeez dry your eyes

Wonderful contribution to the thread good man !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

This is my chip van. This is my town

Strumms wrote: »
    Wonderful contribution to the thread good man !

I thought so

Edgware wrote: »
    This is my chip van. This is my town

This is my fleg. This is my town.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Hi
    My reputation and good name has taken a beaten. With all sorts being said. I have evidence to retrieve some of it. It's my fight back. But this happened late last year. Am I best to say something to the person, they have being mis lead or just leave it. I am dealing with GAA people and I don't come from a GAA background.

You're in the right place but you need to give us more to work off.

Were you caught doing something you shouldn't have been doing ? Did you have your knob in the wrong person or is there money missing from the local clubs trip to Lourdes fund ?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭raher1

You're in the right place but you need to give us more to work off.

Were you caught doing something you shouldn't have been doing ? Did you have your knob in the wrong person or is there money missing from the local clubs trip to Lourdes fund ?

I volunteered for art festival and one of the show was on the outside a bit dodgy. It was a student play
    One of male characters dressed as a womanman, he was very tall. He stood out. I think it was a bit of craic. It was actually a old fashion love story between a man and woman. But but this being GAA land. The whole thing got twisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Did you steal money from them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Hi

I am deleting my original post. This now seems like a wind-up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I volunteered for art festival and one of the show was on the outside a bit dodgy. It was a student play
    One of male characters dressed as a womanman, he was very tall. He stood out. I think it was a bit of craic. It was actually a old fashion love story between a man and woman. But but this being GAA land. The whole thing got twisted.

So , you were playing hide the sausage with someone who had his own sausage .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

None the wiser after reading that explanation tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

If ever an OP needed elaboration its this one.

Well, I can only say how wrong I was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Well, I can only say how wrong I was.

Bet youre glad you asked

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭raher1

Did you steal money from them?

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Thread has lot going for it:

•GAA
    •defamation
    •Students
    •Transvestites with erections

*puts on microwaveable popcorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

I am dealing with GAA people and I don't come from a GAA background.

Just tell them.
    You grew up on the sideline of the gaa, and you don't play offside.
    They'll know exactly what you mean!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

You want to get the GAA? Here's how you get them. They pull on a sliotar, you pull a gun. They send one of yours to a three week summer Cúl Camp, you send one of there's to the morgue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Thread has lot going for it:

•GAA
    •defamation
    •Students
    •Transvestites with erections

*puts on microwaveable popcorn.

Mod note: I don't think that AH is the best spot for this discussion, tbh, so I'm going to close it for now and discuss with the OP whether to move it as is to PI or open a new thread there. Thanks to all for your contributions.

Apologies for spoiling the popcorn:)

Buford T. Justice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement