Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Baseball

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

7 innings must be pitched from your pitching lineup for the week to score points for the pitching categories. Stats from games abandoned due to rain are not counted. Games can be declared a result after 5 innings if a team is leading and those stats will count.

As for the draft order, it should be up 45 mins mins before the draft starts. Just go to your team page and enter the live draft. Should be fun :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

well that was indeed enjoyable. Anyway lads the head to head is it a thursday to thursday head to head or what is the week that is in use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Not quite as enjoyable as I'd hoped, I'm lacking power. But I did get a few players I wanted including my 1st choice in 2 positions and 2nd choice for another. We'll see how it goes anyway. I think I had picked the right players, I just didn't choose in the right order so lost out on a couple of players by drafting others too early. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16 idiotkid

I'm happy-ish with how it went for my first baseball draft. Would have liked a stronger bullpen but I think most of us were surprised by how high some of the pitchers were going.

Disgusted with myself for drafting Jeter and A. Rod though. They were panic drafts as the player I wanted went just before he got to me. Ah well, let the fun commence.

quick question am i the only one checking box scores every hour. if its like this all year i am going to find myself unemployed i think.

Upside being i'll have more time for box scores

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

So happy i drafted Miguel Cabrera :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭boccy23

First weekend down. Really enjoyed the Boards aspect of looking at my players doing the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭brilliantboy

boccy23 wrote: »
    looking at my players doing the business.

Lucky for some. I'm badly in need of some power...and I don't know where it's going to come from.

It's really early yet. Cold games in the north by and far and only a handful of at bats. Keep an eye on the Wavers or try and put together a trade. Maybe offer up some pitching to get some power back.

• Advertisement

Deffo keep an eye on the Waivers. The transactions trends will tell who manager are picking up and dropping. Last season I'm sure Bautista would have been undrafted in most leagues when the season started, he had 52 HRs by the end of the season...

Coeus wrote: »
    Deffo keep an eye on the Waivers. The transactions trends will tell who manager are picking up and dropping. Last season I'm sure Bautista would have been undrafted in most leagues when the season started, he had 52 HRs by the end of the season...

I drafted him last year. Saved my season after Youkilis and Pedroia were lost bats through injury. But I agree, got Aubrey Huff at one stage when someone dropped him, waivers are useful! Got Starlin Castro too after the all-star break who is a super young player, another RBI double tonight.... ;)

8-10 wrote: »
    I drafted him last year. Saved my season after Youkilis and Pedroia were lost bats through injury. But I agree, got Aubrey Huff at one stage when someone dropped him, waivers are useful! Got Starlin Castro too after the all-star break who is a super young player, another RBI double tonight.... ;)
    You would have been one of the few, I missed out on him in all leagues as I wasn't looking for power when he started getting hot. When I looked back, I saw he had finished the previous season on a hot streak. I hadn't done my research so that was very good drafting ;)

Last season the major pickup that helped me win 2 leagues last was Posey, had a high waiver priority in both leagues and picked him up as soon as he entered the game and before he had his first at bat. He ended been one of the best producer in a not so deep position...

I wanted Castro this year but he was off the board by the time I wanted to fill SS. I had got him round 16 in another draft but no such luck in this draft :)

You would have been one of the few, I missed out on him in all leagues as I wasn't looking for power when he started getting hot. When I looked back, I saw he had finished the previous season on a hot streak. I hadn't done my research so that was very good drafting ;)

I was stuck in the later rounds last year needing power and having lived in Toronto a few years ago I knew first hand that he was useful. It was more of a case of a hitter I recognised at that stage rather than researching deep into the pool!

Same thing happened this year, stuck for big HR hitters after going for young/quick run and SB getters. I'll gauge progress after a few weeks and then probably chase someone for a trade! Very early to make a judgement on a team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Castro was my third choice SS and was pretty sure he would end up being my SS as I had Hanley Ramirez and Troy Tulowitzki as my 1 and 2!

Got Troy!

So happy i drafted Miguel Cabrera :D

surprisingly i'm not one bit pleased you drafted cabrera, the dude is breaking my balls

• Advertisement

The Head to Head league is great. Some very poor pitching starts will get consigned to history soon. :D

Great...Beltran homers twice and I have him on the bench :mad:

The Head to Head league is great.
    Agreed, first time playing head to head league and its been fun. Good start for my team last week even if I had to carry 2 of my top 3 draft picks...

This week not so good a start even though I have a point for a zero batting average :)

My first game (Albuquerque Isotopes) against the Judean People's Front was a humdinger! Back and forth!
    Somtimes it was the batting average that was keeping us apart! We were level on it numerous times as well.

Complete game shut out from Dan Haren. He da man. In your face Henry Le Cheat.

• Advertisement

Complete game shut out from Dan Haren. He da man. In your face Henry Le Cheat.
    So he did, threw alot of pitches for it, more than pitchers usually get to throw this early in the season...

One of my guys threw one last week and it really sets up your ERA and WHIP for the week. All my starting pitchers bombed last night so I'll have to go after Wins and Ks this week ;)

Who has Josh Hamilton guys?
    Nasty!!

Who has Josh Hamilton guys?
    Nasty!!

That would be me ! :(

That would be me ! :(

Ouch - long term injuries to your best player are a b!tch!
    JH is good enough to carry a team!

BusterPoseysRealName not doing too badly so far. Two weeks in a row they've started slowly and come from behind. Was 9-0 down at one stage this week, leading 6-3 now.

Really think the head to head aspect makes it more interesting.

Started well this week and now trail 6-4 to Coeus's team.

Come on the offence. Start hitting!

Started well this week and now trail 6-4 to Coeus's team.

Come on the offence. Start hitting!
    :)

I figured early that my offence may not be enough this week so I brought in some power (Berkman) and it has paid off.

I still think it will be a tight battle over the weekend...

Pitching will probably be end up 3-2 or even 2.5-2.5. Looking at your starters, U'll hold ERA and WHIP, I'll probably hold K's cos I'll start everyone. I have an edge on saves since I have 5 closers. Wins could go either way as you have some good matchups, better than mine :-)

All the batting cats are there to be won, although I have a good advantage in RBIs as you have in SBs.

Really though you would murder me this week. Still think you might.
    Will be a coin toss on pitching as you say and Runs and HR could go either way.
    I would have done with Roto or H2H but now am really happy with our choice. Very interesting and every day is important.

Really though you would murder me this week. Still think you might.
    Will be a coin toss on pitching as you say and Runs and HR could go either way.
    I would have done with Roto or H2H but now am really happy with our choice. Very interesting and every day is important.

Head to head was deffo the way to go.

In our matchup 7 of the categories changed leader over the weekend. My pitching was stellar which allowed me to sweep the pitching categories. While you had great hitting, only Berkmans hot week stopped you from sweeping the hitting categories.

Someone just beat me into claiming to Sizemore off Waivers :(

Someone just beat me into claiming to Sizemore off Waivers :(

Yes they did :cool:

And if I can get Corey Hart back soon,
    I may not even have to trade away some pitching

• Advertisement

This head to head league is tough. I scrapped through with 5-4-1 this week. My pitching kinda failed me. It wiil have to better this week as I have a top of the table clash...

You'll be fine I reckon, my pitching hasn't been anything beyond average for the first few weeks. Needed a stunning turnaround on Saturday night just to scrape a 5-4 win this week.

Guess I'll just have to try and enjoy my last week with a 100% head to head record.

Getting hammered 10-0 by the Seattle Supermonkeys.

Here's hoping the weekend can change things around.

Getting hammered 10-0 by the Seattle Supermonkeys.

Here's hoping the weekend can change things around.

Yeah my guys are having a pretty good week, Cano, Sizemore, Smoak...
    And Elvis Andrus singlehandedly keeping my head above water in SB
    (can't believe I wanted to trade him)

You might nab Saves before the week is over, I'm usually pretty weak there.
    And if Ichiro steals a few bases you could take that too

Kurt suzuki has been unbelievable since his wife gave birth ! Another HR tonight :D:D

My offence is looking like a little league lineup this week.
    Pedroia .059, Sizemore .071, Crisp .083, Beltré .111, Hart .125, Cano .188 :eek:
    Justin Smoak still being a boss though at .533

Just been beaten (again) on a waiver claim for Konerko. Was looking for a replacement for the injured Cruz :(

I knew Isotopes might go after him but was hoping not as he was ahead of me on waiver priority. Fair play though you made a great pickup :)

I'll now have to reach into the bargain bin for power :confused:

Just been beaten (again) on a waiver claim for Konerko. Was looking for a replacement for the injured Cruz :(

I knew Isotopes might go after him but was hoping not as he was ahead of me on waiver priority. Fair play though you made a great pickup :)

I'll now have to reach into the bargain bin for power :confused:

I was nervous all weekend hoping the waiver would clear...I'm a really sad case :-)

Hopefully now he brings the hits and his wrist injury isn't anything serious...

One thing I will say though, the whole waiver process here really proves how great the priority system is in America Sports, like in drafts etc.
    Allowing the lesser teams gain talent.

The trade market is starting to pick up in the league. Good to see an active and competitive league :)

• Advertisement

last week i only had 5 homers . So far this week after one game I have 6:D

How is everyone getting on with their team after 8 completed weeks? For me, I think im doing okay. I lost Josh Hamilton and Chase Utley for a long time and got them both back last week. Also very happy to have Bautista and Granderson, those guys are on fire these last few weeks, making up for a slow fortnight by Miguel Cabrera standards!

How is everyone getting on with their team after 8 completed weeks? For me, I think im doing okay. I lost Josh Hamilton and Chase Utley for a long time and got them both back last week. Also very happy to have Bautista and Granderson, those guys are on fire these last few weeks, making up for a slow fortnight by Miguel Cabrera standards!
    Your other Cabrera is doing alright for a SS aswell :) You have a great batting lineup now...

I'm happy enough, I'm in first :D That said Pujols slow start aint helping and my power has been on the wain for a couple of weeks. There aint much power help in the free agent pool so I have been trying to retool my team to improve my speed and BA.

Happing with my pitching, have made some great pickups (Jurrjens and Lohse) before they got noticed. That said Garcia's disaster at the weekend is worrying that unproven talent has its consequences sometimes. It cost me a win in ERA last week :(

Finding my offence batters people OR completely wilts...badly.

Got stung very badly this morning by a stat correction.

Went from a hard fought 5-4 win to a 6-3 loss.

Ended up that Gavin Floyd took a 13th inning loss last week. dropped my ERA and WHIP down. That said Sounthern Dandies battered me in batting...and deserved to win

Back playing 500 ball after some poor results.

This week I play the Golden Nuggets and it's high power offence. Here's hoping that my lot can keep up.

On a general note. Enjoying the league and the fact that nearly everyone is really active.

my above comment about losing has been reversed again to a win. sometimes those stats are mad altogther when updating on the Monday.

• Advertisement

This week I play the Golden Nuggets and it's high power offence. Here's hoping that my lot can keep up.

On a general note. Enjoying the league and the fact that nearly everyone is really active.

Yeah the league is going well I think :D . Lots of roster moves. Stattracker is a godsend!

Stattracker is a godsend!
    +1

Deffo, very useful for head-to-head matchups for obvious reasons. Can you believe you had to pay for it a couple of seasons ago when Yahoo first introduced it. Glad they made it free for all :)

I Started off very slow this week but have improved :D Need some big performances tonight and tomorrow !

Pujols just hit a walkoff homer, his second today. I think he is finally starting to heat up :)

Pujols just hit a walkoff homer, his second today. I think he is finally starting to heat up :)

i dont think you should take that chance i'll give you hosmer for him right now let me take the chance on pujols and i'll report back how it goes ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement