Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Baseball

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭boccy23

I have set it up woth 2 Utility Batter positions.

C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, IF, 3xOF, 2xUTIL
    2xSP, 2xRP, 4xP
    5xBench
    1xDL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Signed up. Homer's Homers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Hey guys we need another member to make it to 12 :D

Hi Guys

We can run the league as a Roto league based on 11 if needs be. But as stated above, we would much rather have 12 and run it as a H2H.

Also, I have had a request to move the Live Draft (can't wait!) back to 10:30PM and also some requests to keep it at 9:30PM. Unless someone is completely out, I will keep it at 9:30PM.

Send me a PM if the 10:30PM is a big problem for anyone.

boccy23 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

We can run the league as a Roto league based on 11 if needs be. But as stated above, we would much rather have 12 and run it as a H2H.

Also, I have had a request to move the Live Draft (can't wait!) back to 10:30PM and also some requests to keep it at 9:30PM. Unless someone is completely out, I will keep it at 9:30PM.

Send me a PM if the 10:30PM is a big problem for anyone.

How long will the draft run for ? Half ten really doesn`t suit me for an early start next morning !

• Advertisement

Sorry. I typed the last bit wrong there. The draft will be 9:30pm. It should take about an hour. We'll see closer what time I'll set for each pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Draft time of 9.30 or 10.30 is good for me. We have nearly 3 weeks to find one more player, someone will surely come by before then.

Looks like rosters are 24 (11 position players, 8 pitchers, 5 bench) so that will be 24 rounds in thea draft. Yahoo live drafts give 1.30 mins per pick but most picks will be quick. Around a hour should do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I was talking in work and know a guy who wants to join. Is that ok with you guys? I can send him on the info unless you want boardies only. Maybe if we leave it open to Boards for another week and if noone joins i'll get him in on it?

Any progress on getting our final guy ?

None so far.

If we hear nothing more by Wednesday, then we have the option of getting a Non Boardsie or running an 11 team Roto league.

What would people's views on this be?

Personally, as we had decided to use head-to-head, then a twelveth member would be my choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 idiotkid

Hey, smackbunnybaby asked me if I'd be interested in joining this a few weeks ago but only getting around to it this morning.

I'm relatively new to baseball (last season was my first full season watching it) but I've done quite a few of these fantasy things for American football so am very familiar with how it all works, etc.

If you still need a 12th member, I'd be more than happy to join.

Sounds good. I'll PM you for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Is the Draft tonight?

It's next Wednesday isn't it?

Just set up my team there, BusterPoseysRealName

No, next Wednesday the 30th at 9:30PM.

All 12 teams signed up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Can we get a tag next to our boards name that says we won the 2011 fantasy baseball. I really want one of those. Oh also I intend on winning this so lads the rest of ye just dont bother like no point

Did a couple of mock drafts today to make sure the format was similar to NFL ones I've done before. Pretty similar. Looking forward to it now but STILL haven't decided who I'd like to draft first.

I did a live draft last night and it took over an hour and a half. It was for a winners league so everyone was present for the draft. The first few rounds flew by but it slowed down in the later rounds as people tried to fill out their rosters...

I just had a look at the settings for the league. I noticed the min innings was set to 7 innings. A starter can get this if he makes a good start. Should we not up this setting?

The rest of the settings look good to me. Looking forward to tonight draft :)

Coeus wrote: »
    I did a live draft last night and it took over an hour and a half. It was for a winners league so everyone was present for the draft. The first few rounds flew by but it slowed down in the later rounds as people tried to fill out their rosters...

I just had a look at the settings for the league. I noticed the min innings was set to 7 innings. A starter can get this if he makes a good start. Should we not up this setting?

Does that not just mean that a min of 7 innings are required to score points from a game? ie if a game is rained off before 7 are played it's void?

An hour and a half is a decent guideline time i reckon. If people sort their list beforehand/while they go it gets down to 5-10secs per pick in the earlier rounds.

See you all in there!!

anyone know the draft order. I've my boss informed of my early leaving from work today.

See ye at half 4 or half 9 whichever side of the atlantic you're on

• Advertisement

7 innings must be pitched from your pitching lineup for the week to score points for the pitching categories. Stats from games abandoned due to rain are not counted. Games can be declared a result after 5 innings if a team is leading and those stats will count.

As for the draft order, it should be up 45 mins mins before the draft starts. Just go to your team page and enter the live draft. Should be fun :)

well that was indeed enjoyable. Anyway lads the head to head is it a thursday to thursday head to head or what is the week that is in use

Not quite as enjoyable as I'd hoped, I'm lacking power. But I did get a few players I wanted including my 1st choice in 2 positions and 2nd choice for another. We'll see how it goes anyway. I think I had picked the right players, I just didn't choose in the right order so lost out on a couple of players by drafting others too early. :(

I'm happy-ish with how it went for my first baseball draft. Would have liked a stronger bullpen but I think most of us were surprised by how high some of the pitchers were going.

Disgusted with myself for drafting Jeter and A. Rod though. They were panic drafts as the player I wanted went just before he got to me. Ah well, let the fun commence.

quick question am i the only one checking box scores every hour. if its like this all year i am going to find myself unemployed i think.

Upside being i'll have more time for box scores

So happy i drafted Miguel Cabrera :D

First weekend down. Really enjoyed the Boards aspect of looking at my players doing the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭brilliantboy

boccy23 wrote: »
    looking at my players doing the business.

Lucky for some. I'm badly in need of some power...and I don't know where it's going to come from.

It's really early yet. Cold games in the north by and far and only a handful of at bats. Keep an eye on the Wavers or try and put together a trade. Maybe offer up some pitching to get some power back.

• Advertisement

Deffo keep an eye on the Waivers. The transactions trends will tell who manager are picking up and dropping. Last season I'm sure Bautista would have been undrafted in most leagues when the season started, he had 52 HRs by the end of the season...

Advertisement