Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freerunning/Parkour

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 g4rg4ntu4

I'd be very interested to come along and check it out sometime. I'm a little too old to get involved in the physical side of it but I'd like to bring my cam and maybe film some stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭johnny b

just checked out jump britain. awesome. would love to meet up with some people in dublin for a run, and to share ideas. have never practiced parkour before but have always done the simple stuff just to amuse myself. didnt realise it was a sport til now! fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

I remember seeing this before but someone in work mentioned seeing Jump Britain last night and I stirred my interest. :) Defo gonna tape the repeat on Saturday the 15th. Be interested in partaking sometime but I've next to 0 experience with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 TheJester

hey, just found your thread. could somebody PM me with info on your parkour meets or email's?. i've gotten a sudden interest, bitten my the bug if you will, in parkour. thanx

Jester

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 themadman88m

hi, i want to start parkour and i'm not sure how ta,wht moves or action do i need to learn? Scene Jump britian last night, great, got me and a few other motivated to take it up. any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mellowyellow

Hi all,

Much like yourselves, myself and a few others are up for doing some free running around Dublin.

To this end (having faithfully read the above posts) I propose meeting up in Iveagh Gardens in Harcourt St beside the waterfall at about 12 ish next saturday, if all goes well maybe we could continue it.

Also I don't want to step on anyone's toes here so if there's other meetings happening please feel free to let me know.

So - Anyone up for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 idiotproof

Would love to head out but going to Bristol for the weekend but post how you get on, I'll definitely head out when I get back.

Good buzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭scoby

It looks like there'll plenty of interest for a meetup at 12 o clock on the 16th of Jan
    so we'll see ya'll there.
    I've done a bit of a hatchet job on the parkour-ireland site and the forum should now be working.
    Head over there to ask questions and we'll do our best to help out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 imad

eeej, im from holland, livin in dublin, me and a friend used to do a mix between capoeira and breakdancing, and basically took that out on to the streets..
    this parkour , or free running sounds, and seems quite like it!
    should be fun meeting up and havin a few jumps!
    but is it on, any day other than the saturdays?
    just got a new job, and its a 1-6 thing..
    please let me know whats happening, be nice to get away from the pubs for a bit, and do some feeling-free!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mellowyellow

Hey imad,

u send me a txt on that 085 # today?

My knees still bandjaxed from last sat, fogies like me need to warm up next time!

ej man!! niiice!! yes that was my text!

last sat was good, no scars here..
    but i saw some parkour video bits of like a minute each,
    some of it was really good!! some of it was too easy..
    but there are some nice tricks to practice!
    one guy kept doing this trick where he ran along a wall,
    then put his both hands on the wall, and..
    sord of cart wheeled on the wall??
    and that trick with the back flip off a wall..
    NIIICE!!!!

im so gutterd i cant be coming along saturday..
    2morrow!!?
    but maybe if im off early, or if you guys keep it up for a good while?
    can you ask if you meet these parkour ireland people,
    if the've a practice room anywhere?
    or if they meet during the week?
    have fun man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭patjunfa

Saterday? People talkin bout the 16th I think which is Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Silverblade

scoby wrote:
    It looks like there'll plenty of interest for a meetup at 12 o clock on the 16th of Jan
    so we'll see ya'll there.
    I've done a bit of a hatchet job on the parkour-ireland site and the forum should now be working.
    Head over there to ask questions and we'll do our best to help out.

Is Iveagh Gardens near the college?and do yee still run if it rains?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Zed159

Hey, iv only gotten into parkour recently, anyone in the limerick city area?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 NoMis

Hey I just got into parkour a few days ago and have been practising like mad. I missed the dublin Jam yesterday, so whens the next one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Silverblade

Anyone wanna have a noon jump on Saturday or Sunday 22nd.
    Best place would probably be Iveagh Gardens (or so i've been told)
    anywho i'll be setting up a forum for Parkour soon. so check it out next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭scoby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kayl

hey im a newbie, um when and where be the next parkour meeting im rather titilated by the whole thing and what kinda gear shud 1 wear specifically?

• Advertisement

hey is their any chance of creating some kind of meeting point for those who are more experienced with those that arent, i've never done it, n wud like to,any takers?

hey do you mean the 22nd of march?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 antibrow

do ye really know what ye are doing?
    pk doesnt have tricks.this isnt skateboarding without a board so stop turning it into it.

im sorry but im a purest.im 2nd gen,mayb 3rd and this is disheartening.
    please try and find out some of the philosophy of the art and try and adopt some of it.it hurts(in a wierd way0 to see this whole thing becoming commercial and taking being taken somewhere it shouldnt be.
    Pk is about the movement, the path and the flow. not about the backflip 360's and double tap cat grabs. some moves are usee to enhance the grace and flow of the movement from A to B.this isnt an extreme sport with a tricklist and based on single event spectacles.

Sorry for the rant but i didnt really have a choice. i dont want ye all to think im mean and not talk to me.im not some old,bitter guy.im only 18.
    anyone in cork here????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭thafitz

antibrow wrote:
    do ye really know what ye are doing?
    pk doesnt have tricks.this isnt skateboarding without a board so stop turning it into it.

im sorry but im a purest.im 2nd gen,mayb 3rd and this is disheartening.
    please try and find out some of the philosophy of the art and try and adopt some of it.it hurts(in a wierd way0 to see this whole thing becoming commercial and taking being taken somewhere it shouldnt be.
    Pk is about the movement, the path and the flow. not about the backflip 360's and double tap cat grabs. some moves are usee to enhance the grace and flow of the movement from A to B.this isnt an extreme sport with a tricklist and based on single event spectacles.

Sorry for the rant but i didnt really have a choice. i dont want ye all to think im mean and not talk to me.im not some old,bitter guy.im only 18.
    anyone in cork here????

like in skateboarding, some consider it an artform and others consider it a sport. does it really matter once everyones having a laugh doing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 antibrow

i see your point but skating is really blurred.pk isnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭MrScruff

it hurts(in a wierd way0 to see this whole thing becoming commercial and taking being taken somewhere it shouldnt be

The main reason for a huge influx of people interested in this is the c4 documentorys surely!

I think that the trick/gymnastic part of it also has a big part to play. Anyone can throw them selves down a set of stairs but who can do an aerial down em?
    If you watch alot of the pk clips on the net they contain alot of flips and wall runs etc. But I know what your saying, the emphasis is supposed to be about flow and grace apparently.

Still nice to land a somersault and jog off cool as a breeze :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Suzanne80

Hey guys, I'm really interested in doing parkour but I don't know where to start. I'm living in Dublin and would love to hook up with any traceurs who can resist laughing at my inexperience!! :o

have been away for a while there, but is everyone gone now, to the talked about ireland parkour site??
    and what are yous arguing about here?? :(
    skateboarding is all about the skate bord no? so whats the comparisment ?? like skateboardin, with out the board??? who said that any ways?
    and whats with the buzzin off what makes it tick?? either with flow or without. or with the 360 flip, or without.. is this turnin in to one of these "atlternative scenes" :confused: ?? , where, to be cool, or "in" you HAVE to have such and such shoes in a while? or like, you'll be uncool if you cant do the "superspecial tricks" or you dont get "it" if you do it for either the flow, or , just for the tricks..??
    what???

whats it all about really?? :confused: shouldnt it be a feel good :D , look good :cool: type of thing, which does not want to be tied down to what some "god" wrote down somewhere???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭MrScruff

I think your name really says alot about you...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jimjoe

Is ther any1 in galway up 4 parkour

Advertisement