Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Applying blue metal flake

Options
  • 28-08-2017 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I have recently brought a peugeot 206 metalflake blue which had a amiture boge job done to the bumper and boot. I have stripped the paint on the bumper and boot, sanded sooth, primed and applied the metal flake blue to match the colour of the rest of the car. I now have to apply the lacour to the paint as its water based paint. If you know metal flake, it comes out rough in terms of spraying. My question is weather you need to sand and compound the surface before applying the lacour? The paint is kMF paint code. If you google it, the peugeots will be the same colour.
    Your help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Anthony M

Heres a close up of a panel. It appears to me that the the lacour is sprayed over the top of the rough paint. Does this make sense?

Advertisement