Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Partner Products' and importation ban.

Options
  • 18-02-2010 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭

Following the implementation of new restrictions on importation of airsoft related items I am left wondering how much punters are going to be left to the mercy of SOME retailers.I had an unsettling experience today when I visited Eirsoft in Cabra-there was little there to browse but I purchased a mosfet and two guarder hop buckings-only after leaving the shop did I realise I had been charged THIRTY EUROS for the hopup rubbers which are freely available on line for $4 each-thought this was a mistake but when I contacted the proprieter he calmly told me they cost 12euros EACH to import LOL:D WHAT A LOAD OF CODSWALLOP! This retailer has PROUDLY announced the setup of their 'PARTNER PRODUCT' scheme (where in my opinion the retailer does not have to put up collateral for any stock but just take the order and add on what they like!) God only knows what that might be if its 12euros for a hop up rubber:confused: Given I have spent literally thousands of euros when stock was available in this shop its sad to say I wont don its doors again and probably none of my 24 team mates either-anyway there you have it-FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Food for thought:
    Staff
    Bills
    Tax
    Import Duty
    Shipping
    Rent or Mortgage (Or whatever applies to commercial buildings)

If I need a hop rubber in a hurry, I'll gladly spend the extra whatever it cost in Eirsoft as they are close and nearly always have them in stock. I haven't bothered crunching numbers on the partner products range, partly because at the moment, I'm not looking for a new AEG and I don't bother buying high end ones which are present in the range. To be honest if you're going to boycott a shop because you don't agree with prices, get your facts right.

/Rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,544 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Here's some food for thought - go post your rubbish somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

THE MINDER wrote: »
    Following the implementation of new restrictions on importation of airsoft related items I am left wondering how much punters are going to be left to the mercy of SOME retailers.I had an unsettling experience today when I visited Eirsoft in Cabra-there was little there to browse but I purchased a mosfet and two guarder hop buckings-only after leaving the shop did I realise I had been charged THIRTY EUROS for the hopup rubbers which are freely available on line for $4 each-thought this was a mistake but when I contacted the proprieter he calmly told me they cost 12euros EACH to import LOL:D WHAT A LOAD OF CODSWALLOP! This retailer has PROUDLY announced the setup of their 'PARTNER PRODUCT' scheme (where in my opinion the retailer does not have to put up collateral for any stock but just take the order and add on what they like!) God only knows what that might be if its 12euros for a hop up rubber:confused: Given I have spent literally thousands of euros when stock was available in this shop its sad to say I wont don its doors again and probably none of my 24 team mates either-anyway there you have it-FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

Well, thanks for that Dave....I appreciate you having a go here on Boards rather than when you were on the phone earlier.

First off....I've always charged €15 for Guarder hopups. Even before there were Partner Products, and before there was any talk of an import ban.

Secondly, hop up rubbers aren't covered by any forthcoming import ban, so if you or any other airsofter wants to get them from eHobby or any other foreign retailer, even after a ban, knock yourself out. Nobody will try stop you.

Thirdly...yep, you've spent a couple of thousand of euros with us over the last couple of years, and we've always looked on you as a good customer. You've forgotten to mention the huge discounts you were given, the fact that we bent over backwards for you when we were buying them and installed free hopup upgrades, gave you free repairs when things were out of warranty and other little perks.

But hey, screw that....you're right. Tomorrow we're taking down the Eirsoft sign and putting up a Trocaire sign, cos God forbid anyone makes a profit in this ****ing country with the sense of entitlement some people have.

Genuinely, I'm sorry you feel you got stiffed, but €15 has always been what we charge for a Guarder hopup, and the reason you probably never noticed is 'cos you got them for free.

Oh, and incidentally....Check these prices...here, here, here, here and here.

Although none of those are the Guarder silicon rubber you bought, the only ones comparable in quality are in and around the same price from MIA, so its not that I'm screwing you - Its the average price, with the exception of the SE Airsoft one, which isn't as good in most peoples opinion (No offense Rhinocharge)...its a little higher for the Guarder silicon, but you get what you pay for.

Or in your case up until today, got for free. Even if you were being ripped off by the princely sum of €25, you've more than had your money's worth in the past.

So yeah...thanks again for the public roasting....Its much appreciated after all the work we've done for you and discounts we've given you.

Cheers, mate ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement