Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now Ye're Talking - To A Cancer Survivor

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭orthsquel

Just sort of occurred to me - you were 12 weeks as an inpatient, in a clean or sterile room, were there any creature comforts you would have loved there with you that you weren't allowed?

You sound like an incredibly optimistic person and have the ability to laugh off the situation you were in - did anyone, doctors and nurses find that odd or think that you were putting on a brave front for the benefit of others at first, until they got to know you?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭pyxxel

Great to hear your survival story, Luke, and gratz to you! Obviously being cancer-free doesn't mean you're suddenly totally healthy again, but I wish you all the best for your steady recovery.

My mother got breast cancer late in her life (over the age of 70) and eventually had both breasts removed. Because she was so elderly the cancer did not grow or spread at a great rate, and she was totally fine, lymph nodes were OK etc.

For anyone who has elderly relatives who are diagnosed with cancer, the good news is that the later you get it in life, the less likely it is to kill you. Still, early diagnosis is the key.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement