Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I'm a retail manager zzzzzz

Options
  • 17-11-2014 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭

Ask me anything!!!

This should be awful

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

How would you deal with a promiscuous worker?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭TiMe2PaRtYYYYY

No dis-respect op but the question and the thread has put me to sleep ..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

What kind of retail?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

How would you deal with a promiscuous worker?

In the stockroom!

Seriously though depends on the situation, aimed towards me, I'd brush it off politely and firmly. (I had one girl seriously give me the come on in an interview, very awkward) Aimed towards someone else not much I can do unless they are offended and then makes a complaint!

What kind of retail?

Health and Beauty. Always wanted to run my own business, this industry interested me so make a conscious effort to get in

• Advertisement

No dis-respect op but the question and the thread has put me to sleep ..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

With your username I don't blame you!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Does moonlighting as DUFFMAN the guy in a costume that creates awareness of Duff relieve stress for you?

Does moonlighting as DUFFMAN the guy in a costume that creates awareness of Duff relieve stress for you?

Using my right hand at the end of a long day relieves my stress. Duffman has an election!!!! Oooh yeeeeeeeeeee!

I usually wind down with a kick about with mates or coaching a local football team

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

duffman13 wrote: »
    Using my right hand at the end of a long day relieves my stress. Duffman has an election!!!! Oooh yeeeeeeeeeee!

Are you from North Korea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

Do you find yourself hating the public more and more each day?

• Advertisement

Do you find yourself hating the public more and more each day?

No I find myself gradually turning into a bollocks though. I'm one of the rare breed of managers in my company who doesn't take undue **** from people. The right attitude and manners go a long way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Have you ever killed anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

"is the customer always right?"

Macavity. wrote: »
    Have you ever killed anyone?

I Once drove over a little puppy, does that count?

"is the customer always right?"

No but like most people on boards they think they are always right. A little slap of reality now and then does no harm!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 kartoonhead

here here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭berger89

duffman13 wrote: »
    I Once drove over a little puppy, does that count?

:O You monster!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

Are you counting down the days until the drone of robots relinquish most retail folks of their repetitive daily tasks?

_79672431_pepper.jpg
    Probably a good time to read up on emerging nano-tech, 3Dp or whatever the future holds in store next.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

hows the relationship with the staff on the shop floor etc ?

i used to work retail and thankfully most managers i had were great, while working you would have a laugh and get along great. it was very good for staff moral etc. but sometimes when shopping for myself , the odd time i might see an employee getting giving out to on the shop floor for something that may or may not be their fault, which i would disagree with.

basically , are you the cool manager that the kids look up to or are you the old fart ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

where can I buy duff beer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

When you're deciding on who to pick for a job - if you've ever been on an interview panel - who could sell the most because of their looks? Are managers shallow in that regard?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement