Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Heritage Society?

Options
  • 02-05-2018 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hello,
    I've been researching the townland of Derrybrien in the Slieve Aughty mountains in Galway. I came across a few mentions of a local storyteller named Johnny Broderick. I found a video on youtube and a couple poems or songs written by him but I'd like to find more of his stories or poems. The book "The faraway hills are green: voices of Irish women in Canada", Johnny's daughter Mary says of her father:
    "In the last 10 years or so he's been interviewed by the Irish Heritage Society, a society interested in maintaining our heritage and capturing the stores of the West of Ireland before they're lost"
    The book was publish in 1992 so "the last 10 years" presumably be around 1982. I'd love to read these interviews but I can't find anything out about this "Irish Heritage Society". If you google it you mostly get societies in the US, Canada, or Australia.
    Does anybody know if this Irish Heritage Society still exists and if its records are available online? Thank you!

Comments

Advertisement