Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY BBQ cart

Options
  • 06-05-2020 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Want to build a bbq cart for my charcoal weber bbq. Just want to seek advice regarding the heat that will be given off the kettle touching the timber counter top.
    I would have to make a circle for the kettle to sit into.
    Is there like a hear resistant tape that I could line the edge or sometime. Or is it something I need to do at all?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

You could cut a larger hole than the circumference of the bbq, and use some metal brackets fitted to the underside of the counter top to hold it. You would not have the wood touching the BBQ directly...

41NNVQd113L._AC_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Johnnyq79

glynf wrote: »
    You could cut a larger hole than the circumference of the bbq, and use some metal brackets fitted to the underside of the counter top to hold it. You would not have the wood touching the BBQ directly...

41NNVQd113L._AC_.jpg

I've seen that on YouTube alright using those brackets. Might be the best option. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

You could always burn the wood first.. Just a thought.

Charring any species of wood (usually with a blowtorch, these days) wraps it in a layer of carbon that protects it from moisture, mold, insects and even fire. ... The shou sugi ban process shrinks the cells of the wood, making it less permeable to all the factors that can damage it over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭bamayang

https://youtu.be/bHClONAV0oA

This is pretty much what your planning on building? I think he addresses the heat issue in it.

Advertisement