Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭hardybuck

But sure there's a minority of people who seem to think that the world revolves around what's up on FB and Twitter.

Am curious to see who gets the managerial hot seat. After the Dundalk appointment and John Sheridan's appointments it goes to show that anything is possible right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

M. Keane, P. Elliott & A. Flanagan are the group, wasters and the latters behavior is catching up with him, now he is saying it’s a vendetta over the last couple of years, bringing homophobia into it and all sorts now so that page needs shutting down asap

It beggars belief if he’s playing that card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Nypd wrote: »
    It beggars belief if he’s playing that card.

Always in the back pocket, they are worse then scumbags, they have about 10 different faces. I’ve learnt to avoid them and if they say anything to confront them and they melt to pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Max Powers wrote: »
    If that is true, pathetic stuff.in fact I'd guess that SOME of keyboard warriors need a bit of a reality check. You'd swear some of these lads were jailed un-justifiably they way they go on. Im fully aware I'm a bit ignorant on the ins and outs of this 'story', but I'd rather a root canal than listen to some of their grievances

So self involved it’s sickening.

Always in the back pocket, they are worse then scumbags, they have about 10 different faces. I’ve learnt to avoid them and if they say anything to confront them and they melt to pieces.

He’s made some very serious allegations if that’s the case.
    Things aren’t perfect at the club by all accounts but makes you wonder how much of the breaking news is true.
    The toxic stories ALL come from the Facebook group.
    Unfollowed it over the weekend couldn’t be arsed reading SM’s dribble anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

Would love to see him back in charge at the RSC, I've no time for Sheridan after all the 'pub-league' sledging and the disrespect towards Perth.
    Rennie's had a time of it following the assault, the disgraceful treatment by Power at Waterford before he walked, and then into the car-crash that is Dundalk FC.
    Hope it goes well with the Ireland U21's but back in charge of the Blues long-term would be my preference.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/national-league/sheridan-signs-off-in-style-as-waterford-cruise-past-bohs-1.4352886

So JS didn't call it a pub league! Sorry to see you go now John :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

LOI to the English championship is a big step up for a manager

Quite usual as you would think there's a big pool of managers to choose from

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭deisedude

PTH2009 wrote: »
    LOI to the English championship is a big step up for a manager

Quite usual as you would think there's a big pool of managers to choose from

Wigan were relegated to League 1 because they went into administration. They are a basket case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Gardner

Few personal things said about local media personal here and in the past I would be a huge critic of them but I don't think having a personal go at them is right. Attack their content (lack of) is most cases instead of personal insults.
    I do agree the standard of local sports journalism is pathetic and the personal campaign that Shane is pursuing on the Facebook page is very much OTT.

Adrian was banned because he posted the false whereabouts of John Sheridan on Saturday but Niall Lonergan the WFC media officer was with JS all day to say otherwise. Lads on page still won't give up on it and it's very tiresome. The hand in his pocket comment from Adrian is also bizarre as I've never seen him pay into the RSC or any ground is his life.

a lot of lads on the Facebook page must think there in a green street film or something. Follow it for the comedy gold

On the pitch hopefully we can keep the run going and not implode with the managerial changes. Apparently Fran Rockett and John Frost are the best case sanario for the rest of the season as they take the training sessions and that. Rovers away is as tough as you get and they have the power to do damage if the heads go down

• Advertisement

a lot of lads on the Facebook page must think there in a green street film or something. Follow it for the comedy gold

On the pitch hopefully we can keep the run going and not implode with the managerial changes. Apparently Fran Rockett and John Frost are the best case sanario for the rest of the season as they take the training sessions and that. Rovers away is as tough as you get and they have the power to do damage if the heads go down

Rovers have a tough week with AC Milan on Thursday who I don’t think will hold back due it to being a knock out game.
    Tired legs on Monday can only help the blues.
    Play the way we did against Bohs and we could well get a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Rovers have a tough week with AC Milan on Thursday who I don’t think will hold back due it to being a knock out game.
    Tired legs on Monday can only help the blues.
    Play the way we did against Bohs and we could well get a point.
    Could get 3 points, rovers fell over the line in the Cork game in the cup, I watched it and they didn't play well, just have to play from the first whistle, and not stant around admiring the opposition like they do sometimes

Who is running the day to day operations of the club these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭blacksuir

Is a new manager or head coach got appointed yet. Heard Matt Keane pushing for Rockett on the radio. Who ever comes in will possibly be a care-taker till the end of the season where the owners might try and get someone depending on where Waterford finish in the table.

blacksuir wrote: »
    Is a new manager or head coach got appointed yet. Heard Matt Keane pushing for Rockett on the radio. Who ever comes in will possibly be a care-taker till the end of the season where the owners might try and get someone depending on where Waterford finish in the table.

Only 7 games left so Rockett as caretaker for the rest of the season is prob the best option

Imagine we could get a decent appointment for 2021 if we finish high up and even might get a European place which would be massive

Rovers will be a massive challenge on Monday, a step above the rest

Could the game be postponed cause of the dublin lockdown ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Rovers will be a massive challenge on Monday, a step above the rest

Could the game be postponed cause of the dublin lockdown ?

No. Elite sports are exempt.

Results all went the blues way last night still sitting pretty in the table.
    Massive game on Monday now !

Results all went the blues way last night still sitting pretty in the table.
    Massive game on Monday now !

It take your hand off for a draw Monday

The Sligo game next weekend is also massive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Woukd be lovely to end that scums unbeaten run but sadly can't see it happening.

• Advertisement

Come on Waterford a result tonight would be massive for our European hopes. Going to be very hard

If we didn't **** up against Sligo and Harps we'd be even more ahead

Balls 3-0 down at HT

Need to beat Sligo the weekend or its down the table we go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Balls 3-0 down at HT

Need to beat Sligo the weekend or its down the table we go

Complete capitulation at the end of the first half. Hopefully Rovers run out of steam and we claw back into it somewhat but that was poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

We had been doing really well, came right into the game, then out of nothing conceded 3 goals in 4 minutes just before half, two of the goals from corners so that issue hasnt been sorted yet either. Could be a long second half now.

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    We had been doing really well, came right into the game, then out of nothing conceded 3 goals in 4 minutes just before half, two of the goals from corners so that issue hasnt been sorted yet either. Could be a long second half now.

4-0 now

Look we all know Rovers are a step above the rest this season

Keep our heads and go all out against Sligo. 4th place could get Europe if we're lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

4-0 now

Look we all know Rovers are a step above the rest this season

Keep our heads and go all out against Sligo. 4th place could get Europe if we're lucky

finished 6-1. bit of a drubbing but need to park it now and focus on Sligo next weekend, that is a big game

You would expect Dundalk to win there games in hand and move further away in 3rd

Its a crazy league and atm nothing been 3rd-8th place

Our next 3 games are
    Sligo (H)
    Derry (A)
    Shels (H)

If we could get 6/7 pts from them we could be flying and then hope a top 3 club will win the cup (one of Dundalk and Bohs will be gone after the next round)

Disappointing result but probably just what we needed to bring us down to earth albeit with a bang !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Just hope some fans are left in on Saturday.

• Advertisement

Hopefully Daryl Murphy is seen on the field at some point soon.

Advertisement