Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haven't received licence renewal form

Options
  • 10-01-2019 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭

My renewal date is due end this month, in the interim have now stored the firearm at the club.
    Who should I chase first, local super or the FO (Dun Laoghaire is my FO)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭alanmc

The FO should be able to check Pulse. If you haven't received the FCR yet, then it's an admin issue. Not much to do with the Super.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Mine only arrived to day, date on the address block was the 22 Dec 2018. Previously others didn't arrive until a 6 weeks after the date shown on the FCR.
    But this late into it I'd be contacting the local FO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

They ordered a reprint on it now, so if I get it early next week should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭German pointer

Mine is due end of this month and didn't arrive either obviously an admin issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Am I mistaken but isn't this just a prepopulated "convenience" form. Can a blank renewal form not be downloaded ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Captainaxiom

Am I mistaken but isn't this just a prepopulated "convenience" form. Can a blank renewal form not be downloaded ?

There’ll be some on here who’ll tell you the FCR form has to be used but both myself and a number of lads in the club have used the FCA1 form numerous times without any issue.

https://www.garda.ie/en/About-Us/Online-Services/Firearms-Licensing/Firearm-Certificate-Renewals.html
    Please note that only the PRE POPULATED FCR form will be acceptable to An Garda Síochána when renewing a firearm certificate and each application for renewal must be accurately completed prior to returning the FCR to the Garda Station. Finally, the Firearms Renewal Form (FCR) is only used for renewals of firearm certificates. Any new application or substitution for a firearm certificate shall continue to be made on the FCA1 application form.

alanmc wrote: »

Doesn’t change the fact that they still accept the FCA1 for renewals.
    A form is better than no form

Doesn’t change the fact that they still accept the FCA1 for renewals.
    A form is better than no form

I would hazzard a guess that only some stations would let you do this.

alanmc wrote: »
    I would hazzard a guess that only some stations would let you do this.

Possibly true but I’d rather submit the fca1 form if my licence was due to expire rather than sit on my hands while it expired

• Advertisement

Possibly true but I’d rather submit the fca1 form if my licence was due to expire rather than sit on my hands while it expired
    That's my understanding, if no form comes go and do FCA, no pre completed form arrived so did this.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭crosshair1

Bringing this back up to see if any others are still affected?

i didnt receive a prepopulated form,
    Requested reprint (done while in the station) never came either
    Filled in fca1 with all info & highlighted renewal - f/o filled his part in while i was there.
    3 weeks on still nothing.

Previously 2 licence renewals submitted in October last were turned around in a week.

crosshair1 wrote: »
    Bringing this back up to see if any others are still affected?

i didnt receive a prepopulated form,
    Requested reprint (done while in the station) never came either
    Filled in fca1 with all info & highlighted renewal - f/o filled his part in while i was there.
    3 weeks on still nothing.

Previously 2 licence renewals submitted in October last were turned around in a week.

The same story for me, but did receive pre-populated form 2 weeks after reprint issued
    No licence....... twiddling me thumbs

Renewal just before Christmas went pretty smooth for me. It was over the holidays, so it wasn't super fast.

I'm having a tough time with a full application though. Finally got to talk to the FO this evening and after 10 weeks, it hasn't even been submitted to the Supers office yet.

Getting perilously close to the 3 month mark. I'm a little worried, but the FO assured me he'd get it done.

Reprint form arrived today, filled it in and just back from handing it in
    We'll see how long this goes on...

my saga still rolls on, though I've been given assurances it's just backlog

Theres definitely a hold up somewhere in the system, my licence grant letter arrived about 2 weeks ago was paid immediately, took about 10 days to receive the actual licence.
    From here on i'll be looking for reprints if it goes to 2 months of renewal without the pre-populated form arriving.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jb88

An efficient Garda station likes to get their money in early, I got renewals last week for licences due to expire in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭clivej

Renewal letter for payment for a restricted SA SG license came today, now paid. But also in another letter was all the conditions that were made when the license was issued.
    That's a first!

Advertisement