Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trails in Wexford

• 17-01-2019 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Looking for MTB tails in Wexford within driving distance from Blackwater. Mainly interested in beginner & intermediate levels if possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭QueenMTBee

Bree and Mount Leinster would be the two main ones that come to mind but you'd really want someone to show you the trails. There are beginner friendly trails on both but if you don't know where you are going, you can easily end up on an advanced trail without realising it.

I think there are XC type trails on Forth Mountain and maybe near the Raven too but I've never been to those. You could contact either Bree MTB Club or the ML Syndicate as they'd know more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭saccades

Tara hill, Ballymoney & glenart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

If you want to PM I can give you an idea of the trails on ML.

Bree is a bit easier to find your way around and the trails run a bit smoother. The trails on ML are all very natural and this time of the year they can be hardship but plenty to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Allabaah

@ iwillhtfu Thanks a million for that and I'll PM you accordingly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

If your just looking for getting out there with nothing technical, I often use the near abandoned walking trails around the coastline from Carne beach heading westwards. They are fun, fast rolling in parts and technical in others. Good craic and a bit different. Also a good workout as there is little in regards hills, so your pedalling most of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Allabaah

CramCycle wrote: »
    If your just looking for getting out there with nothing technical, I often use the near abandoned walking trails around the coastline from Carne beach heading westwards. They are fun, fast rolling in parts and technical in others. Good craic and a bit different. Also a good workout as there is little in regards hills, so your pedalling most of the time.

That's another great option for the summer months! thanks!

Advertisement