Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Focus raven

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

As we've no idea what road bike you have it's impossible to say if it's a fair swap.

Also an old 26er carbon hardtail for €1000?
    Worth more like €500 at best....

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 227 ✭✭Dubs1990

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    As we've no idea what road bike you have it's impossible to say if it's a fair swap.

Also an old 26er carbon hardtail for €1000?
    Worth more like €500 at best....

Sorry apologies my bike is a bianchi sempre pro full carbon with campagnolo veloce groupset .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

no idea what that's worth, maybe €1000

but an old 26er hardtail MTB isn't worth much, maybe €500 if it's in absolutely perfect condition...

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    no idea what that's worth, maybe €1000

but an old 26er hardtail MTB isn't worth much, maybe €500 if it's in absolutely perfect condition...

Brillant thanks , glad I didn't jump at it , probably better off selling mine and buying something decent. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭El Vino

Unfortunately 26" Mountain Bikes no matter how good are not worth much 2nd hand. I keep mine because it's a nice bike to ride and I couldn't face parting with it for the little money I would be offered.
    Spend some time on pink bike classifieds to get an idea what 2nd hand market is like. Most quality new mountain bikes are 27.5 or 29inch wheels.
    If you like this bike you could buy it but recognise it will be hard to ever sell on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Gerry

Looking at it the other way, if you aren't too hung up on the wheelsize you can get a bargain 26er secondhand :)
    But yes I'm afraid the seller of the focus is not being realistic. Possibly they are looking for all the money back that they spent on the new components.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Dubs1990 wrote: »
    Sorry apologies my bike is a bianchi sempre pro full carbon with campagnolo veloce groupset .

Yours I assume? You'd be better off selling your own privately I'd say. I'm surprised you're struggling to sell the bianchi it's a popular size and fair price. You'd pick up a decent full suss for similar money to that focus which is a nice bike btw but not worth €1k. Check out the buy & sell MTB pages on FB there's one for Northern Ireland, Ireland and south east.

https://www.adverts.ie/road-bikes/bianchi-sempre-pro/16075512

ODAzMTRiYTk0MTJkZDgzNjhiYWI2MzVhMmY0MzIwZGWBc_gfv6eM1Q_Y1fPce4GjaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOWVmMWUxOGZlM2Q0OGQ2NjUzZTBlMDE3ODU4NTIwNWZhNGFjZTI4YWViNmEzZjViMWM2NWZmMTI1ZGVkNTk1NS5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTZ4MjIzfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Yours I assume? You'd be better off selling your own privately I'd say. I'm surprised you're struggling to sell the bianchi it's a popular size and fair price. You'd pick up a decent full suss for similar money to that focus which is a nice bike btw but not worth €1k. Check out the buy & sell MTB pages on FB there's one for Northern Ireland, Ireland and south east.

https://www.adverts.ie/road-bikes/bianchi-sempre-pro/16075512

ODAzMTRiYTk0MTJkZDgzNjhiYWI2MzVhMmY0MzIwZGWBc_gfv6eM1Q_Y1fPce4GjaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOWVmMWUxOGZlM2Q0OGQ2NjUzZTBlMDE3ODU4NTIwNWZhNGFjZTI4YWViNmEzZjViMWM2NWZmMTI1ZGVkNTk1NS5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTZ4MjIzfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

Ye that's her , I have had it up and down a few times purely just debating to sell it or not. I Say I have used it max 20 times in a year . Have another bike there for commuting so it's gathering dust in the house. I will go down the selling route and hopefully get a few quid to get a nice mtb.

Advertisement