Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maybe I'm The Fool

Options
  • 07-03-2021 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

I need some new clobber and filled a basket with Next only discovered after paying that they only deliver to the billing address, was expecting at some stage in the check out process to select a delivery address.
    There is zero chance ill be home to accept the goods and wanted them delivered to my work address.
    I phoned them to change the delivery address, apparently not possible.
    Buyer beware !!!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Loads of couriers offer the option to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour, and in covid times many just ring the doorbell and leave at the door/porch.

I've had plenty of packages left in my green bin, never an issue!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I just did an order on Next as I needed shoes for my 4 year old. I was disappointed to see they don't allow for an alternative delivery address. Strange as most websites allow for this (My own business one even does!).
    I probably won't be home when they deliver on Thursday as I'll be working, so I hope they either leave somewhere safe or try to deliver again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I just did an order on Next as I needed shoes for my 4 year old. I was disappointed to see they don't allow for an alternative delivery address. Strange as most websites allow for this (My own business one even does!).
    I probably won't be home when they deliver on Thursday as I'll be working, so I hope they either leave somewhere safe or try to deliver again.
    Sites like DPD offer to change the delivery to your local depot but it will delay for one or two days. I don't bother, they usually leave the package somewhere around the house.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I tweeted Next today about it and they say there is an option to add in a delivery address at the checkout. I don't remember seeing it at all?

Advertisement