Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pan mixer

• 06-03-2021 10:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭

Anyone here have a pan mixer for small jobs around the farm? They seem very hard got second hand. There about 2500 new for a 0.8 metre.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Jb1989

mengele wrote: »
    Anyone here have a pan mixer for small jobs around the farm? They seem very hard got second hand. There about 2500 new for a 0.8 metre.

Lakill farm is your man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

I have 2, a 0.8m3 on 3pt and a 1.5m3 on a chassis . the chassis is so worth it as a m3 of concrete is 2.25ton approx. plus the weight of the mixer

I would not be without my mixers, and strongly thinking of selling my 0.8M3 and buying a second 1.5m3 and getting a chassis built as a 135 would run them but need 100 plus to hold the 0.8m3 when full

You need to be able to purchase gravel at a reasonable priced and have a method to load the mixer . I use a 3ton digger and a good supply of clean water
    With the 0.8m3 we mixed 40m3 one long Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I have 2, a 0.8m3 on 3pt and a 1.5m3 on a chassis . the chassis is so worth it as a m3 of concrete is 2.25ton approx. plus the weight of the mixer

I would not be without my mixers, and strongly thinking of selling my 0.8M3 and buying a second 1.5m3 and getting a chassis built as a 135 would run them but need 100 plus to hold the 0.8m3 when full

You need to be able to purchase gravel at a reasonable priced and have a method to load the mixer . I use a 3ton digger and a good supply of clean water
    With the 0.8m3 we mixed 40m3 one long Saturday.

Would the one on the axel make it any more awkward getting into tight spots or over the likes of footpaths?

Bullocks wrote: »
    Would the one on the axel make it any more awkward getting into tight spots or over the likes of footpaths?

It has an a shoot extension and rear and side discharge area. I have a wide angle PTO on it so its flexible enough and far easier on the tractor

the one tight area I was working on I tipped the pan mixer into loader bucket (but a few times I have tipped them into wheelbarrows and filled screeds that way) but that was a once off for 6m3 and so far I have somewhere between 275-300m3 made with the mixers from foundations to floors to gate pillars , concrete fence posts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭cjpm

What ratio coment :gravel do you use?

How much cement per m3?
    Any idea how strong your mix is? Have you ever had a cube crushed to find out the compressive strength?

Sorry for all the questions!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭mengele

cjpm wrote: »

How much cement per m3?
    Any idea how strong your mix is? Have you ever had a cube crushed to find out the compressive strength?

I'm interested in the answer to this question as well. It would be easy enough to measure out how much cement and water to put into the mixer. But how would u measure how much gravel to put in to make 0.8 cubic metres? Would be loading with a mini digger here and have a 150hp 6 cylinder to manage it.

There isn't one for sale 2nd hand on done deal at the moment. They seem to be about 2500 for a new jarmet 0.8 cubic metre one.

cjpm wrote: »

How much cement per m3?

really depends on the job I am at but normally the mini digger bucket x 5 , 6 cement and water . I would know the capacity on the inside plough lets so you are within 5% each time

I didn't do a cube test as it was going to cost €100 per cube to get tested plus vat. and you need 2 tested 28 days apart or something

I say my mix for shed floors and yard is 25N

I'm interested in the answer to this question as well. It would be easy enough to measure out how much cement and water to put into the mixer. But how would u measure how much gravel to put in to make 0.8 cubic metres? Would be loading with a mini digger here and have a 150hp 6 cylinder to manage it.

There isn't one for sale 2nd hand on done deal at the moment. They seem to be about 2500 for a new jarmet 0.8 cubic metre one.

Pick a mark on the plough legs as your full point .

I go 2 digger buckets, 2 cement , 2 water

repeat
    and repeat last time with 1 digger 2 cement 2 water

that way your putting it in layers and easier mixed

this idea of all the gravel in , then cement and then water is a joke. takes 20 mins for it to mix . Im mixing and pouring the 1.5m3 every 12/15 minutes and 6 of the 1m3 per hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

I can't see how you'd save much over readymix concrete, when you factor in the time, cost of mixer and all the messing around to get a load mixed. Organising aggregate, organsing and storing cement, getting water. Sounds like pure bolloxing and making hard work for its own sake.

And unless you are have a precise and repeatable method of adding and mixing , you are likely ending up with concrete of a highly dubious, or at least variable, quality. For gate posts and so on, fine. I wouldn't be using it for yards or anything structural.,

If you are pouring 40m3 it sounds like a yard or something. If it were me I'd want to be sure of the quality and consistency of the concrete and would only get readymix for a job of that scale. Mixing yourself sounds like messing and wasting unnecessary time. Get the yard ready, order the concrete and have a crew to get it and finished. Job done and out of it.

mixing 15/16m3 an hour isn't messing about or bolloxing and consistency would be fairly good.

But every lad to there own ways sure some lads would tell you they don't have time and then stand watching the concrete crew doing the job.

Next day im at a pour your welcome to call by and have your mind changed with the facts instead of assuming

one of the largest readymix crew in midlands had no ISO number and there mix went into hundreds of structures

I can't see how you'd save much over readymix concrete, when you factor in the time, cost of mixer and all the messing around to get a load mixed. Organising aggregate, organsing and storing cement, getting water. Sounds like pure bolloxing and making hard work for its own sake.

And unless you are have a precise and repeatable method of adding and mixing , you are likely ending up with concrete of a highly dubious, or at least variable, quality. For gate posts and so on, fine. I wouldn't be using it for yards or anything structural.,

If you are pouring 40m3 it sounds like a yard or something. If it were me I'd want to be sure of the quality and consistency of the concrete and would only get readymix for a job of that scale. Mixing yourself sounds like messing and wasting unnecessary time. Get the yard ready, order the concrete and have a crew to get it and finished. Job done and out of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement