Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holy Stone HS510 Maiden Flight Lost Control

Options
  • 06-03-2021 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I just received a Holy Stone HS510 (It's sub 250g). The main reason I'd bought it is to perform an inspection of the roof of my house. Anyhow, I brought it to a city park today for its first flight (Bell's Field, Cork City). Conditions were calm with no visible signs of any wind. I calibrated the compass as per the instruction manual before taking flight. It all seemed fine until about 30 seconds into the flight with the drone at about 20 meters up and about 20 away. It apparently stopped responding to my commands before making a bee-line for a bush (thankfully). I did press the Return to Home soon after I'd notice the loss of control but to no effect.

Can anyone advise how I might be able to check to see if there is a fault with the drone before attempting to fly it again? The is no obvious physical damage apparent. Although I had an SD in the drone for the flight no video footage appears to have been captured.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Advertisement