Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moshi app

Options
  • 08-02-2021 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭

I'm contemplating using the Moshi app to help 3 year old, almost 4, go to sleep. What are people's experiences of it? I tried it the other night for the first time and she just flat out refused to listen to it but did eventually. Not sure if it helped at all but that was only one night. If people have found it good, what has been the best way to introduce it? did anyone find that they ended up creating a situation where their child needed it every night to go to sleep?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

What are sleep issues? We've had problems with 5 and 3 year old over the past few years but always resolved it.

Don't use an app as don't believe in using much tech at bedtime but tbh do whatever works!

We do have gro clocks which have helped us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

LO 5 and 3 currently sharing bedroom temporary basis. Neither massively thrilled about it but youngest for the guts of nearly a year now just ignites at bedtime. As soon as she knows it's bedtime is wired, shouting, messing, jumping, rolling around, basically anything to keep herself awake regardless of how tired she is. Eventually gets to sleep after about an hour but keeps eldest awake in process. Have tried everything, cuddles, more day activities, earlier bedtimes, later bedtimes, taking things away, patience, talking, rewards etc but just nothing seems to work. I agree with no tech at bedtime but all out of ideas. I liked the look of this app cos it seemed to be just stories with lullaby music and read in a sleepy voice. Could be done with Bluetooth speaker without need to bring in phone. She then wakes easily three times a night. Just calls for me and goes back to sleep if I stay with her. I'm open to other suggestions that aren't this app....gro clocks for us only seem to be good for them to know when it's ok to get up

Advertisement