Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Praise for the moderation on the Dublin thread

Options
  • 31-01-2021 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,220 ✭✭✭✭

I just realised I have never given the moderation this thread proper credit where it is due.

The moderator is always very fair. If things get get a bit tense and there might be potential off the ball stuff. The mod steps in before it blows up.

A few times I have been told easy on that line, don't inflame/encourage it. Don't post in that manner etc.

There is no favouritism shown even to the regular posters. Which is as it should be. This is crucial to a well run thread. Outsiders are welcomed. Which again is as it should be. A thread should not just be for cliques of posters or even people from one county.

The policing of the dominance in dublin/money posts in the Dublin thread is done well. Let's the thread flow. I appreciate the Dublin GAA thread can be one of the busiest GAA threads to moderate and it must get very hectic. Which makes it all the more comenable on how it manages to get a nice flow going.

I look forward to be back on the thread when the league starts more regularly.
    Anyway keep up the good work.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

As this is forum-specific (GAA) moved from Feedback

OP, thank you for that feedback on the GAA mods. Their task can be among the most thankless as (and this applies to other team sports, such as Soccer and Rugby) posters are often (certainly not always) looking to the interests of the team they support over the forum as a whole. I will make sure the GAA mods see this

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 27,192 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I just realised I have never given the moderation this thread proper credit where it is due.

The moderator is always very fair. If things get get a bit tense and there might be potential off the ball stuff. The mod steps in before it blows up.

A few times I have been told easy on that line, don't inflame/encourage it. Don't post in that manner etc.

There is no favouritism shown even to the regular posters. Which is as it should be. This is crucial to a well run thread. Outsiders are welcomed. Which again is as it should be. A thread should not just be for cliques of posters or even people from one county.

The policing of the dominance in dublin/money posts in the Dublin thread is done well. Let's the thread flow. I appreciate the Dublin GAA thread can be one of the busiest GAA threads to moderate and it must get very hectic. Which makes it all the more comenable on how it manages to get a nice flow going.

I look forward to be back on the thread when the league starts more regularly.
    Anyway keep up the good work.

I must say that I agree with this sentiment. I have posted similar comments on the annual Feedback thread in the forum. A pleasurable forum to visit.

Advertisement