Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning to DJ in the North West

Options
  • 29-12-2017 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi folks,

I already posted in the DJ forum and thought I'd post here as well. Mods, please delete if posting the same post in two forums isn't allowed.

I've recently moved to the North West and I'd like to finally get proactive with something I've wanted to try for what seems like an eternity: DJing. Does anyone have any recommendations of somewhere (or someone) this side of the country (Sligo/Leitrim/Longford) where I could learn the basics and progress from there. Aside from messing around with a Hercules DJ Console RMX controller that I recently acquired off a friend, I have zilch experience.

Thanks a mill!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭patsy mulcaghy

I've a decent setup and moving over that way next month hopefully. Welcome to come out and have a lash; what kind of electronic music are you interested in mixing?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

Hi folks,

I already posted in the DJ forum and thought I'd post here as well. Mods, please delete if posting the same post in two forums isn't allowed.

I've recently moved to the North West and I'd like to finally get proactive with something I've wanted to try for what seems like an eternity: DJing. Does anyone have any recommendations of somewhere (or someone) this side of the country (Sligo/Leitrim/Longford) where I could learn the basics and progress from there. Aside from messing around with a Hercules DJ Console RMX controller that I recently acquired off a friend, I have zilch experience.

Thanks a mill!

You should get in touch with Justin mcilhenney aka justiy mcilhenhouse he’s from donegal ace dj and a sound guy

• Registered Users Posts: 36 .nosferatu.

I've a decent setup and moving over that way next month hopefully. Welcome to come out and have a lash; what kind of electronic music are you interested in mixing?

I'd absolutely love to take you up on that offer. I have since purchased the Pioneer XDJ-RX1 and recently completed a basic DJing course in Secret School of Sound. My interests lie in mixing house (deep and tech house) and techno. Still very much determined to get into DJing even with a crazy busy schedule.

You should get in touch with Justin mcilhenney aka justiy mcilhenhouse he’s from donegal ace dj and a sound guy

I will do that - thanks for pointing me in his direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭patsy mulcaghy

No worries man, I'll keep in touch for when over that far. The Pioneer looks like a great piece of kit, the mixer quality is always standout.

Sounds like we have similar tastes anyway, would be keen to find out if there are any parties happening during the summer, always good to chat to locals.

Cheers

• Advertisement

No worries man, I'll keep in touch for when over that far. The Pioneer looks like a great piece of kit, the mixer quality is always standout.

Sounds like we have similar tastes anyway, would be keen to find out if there are any parties happening during the summer, always good to chat to locals.

Cheers

Not much of a scene up here - you have to go digging, but they do exist. I'm a blow in from Dublin, so still finding my way around.

Yes, do give me a shout when you are up here and we will go from there. Would be great to meet someone with a similar tast. In th meantime I will keep trying to beat match by ear. Patience..

Advertisement