Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xtratherm Insulation

Options
  • 07-03-2021 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭

anybody know the cheapest place to source xtratherm insulation? Prices going up soon i hear.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭newhouse87

any body got a rough guide of how much xtuf150 and ctpir 150 cost per sq m, got a quote just looking to see if its good.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

newhouse87 wrote: »
    any body got a rough guide of how much xtuf150 and ctpir 150 cost per sq m, got a quote just looking to see if its good.

Why 150mm thick? If it's for a new build and you have drawings email them to Xtratherm technical and ask for a u-value of 0.19 and they'll tell you the desired thickness. I'd assume 100-110mm would suffice and obviously be cheaper.

Also, ring the relevant sales rep for your region and you might get a price over the phone which the hardware stores you order it through have to honor.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Ufh..

Part L assessment..

You can’t just assume the backstop value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭newhouse87

rang the rep got a good price, much better than store, 6inches insulation in cavities im putting in.

BryanF wrote: »
    Ufh..

Part L assessment..

You can’t just assume the backstop value.

Thats why I said ring technical.

@newhouse87 Good to hear mate, sales reps are the way to go on insulation alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Biker1

lemonkey wrote: »
    Thats why I said ring technical.

@newhouse87 Good to hear mate, sales reps are the way to go on insulation alright.

Go to the assessor that done the provisional BER for any questions regarding u-values. After all they will be the ones checking if the calculations from the insulation company are correct, which sometimes they are not.

Biker1 wrote: »
    Go to the assessor that done the provisional BER for any questions regarding u-values. After all they will be the ones checking if the calculations from the insulation company are correct, which sometimes they are not.

Funnily enough I had the same conversation with a sales rep recently. I work for a main contractor and we need to provide information and u-value calculations for the floor & wall insulation. The Architect reviews them and if they achieve the desired u-value we get the green light.

But no one ever actually questions it or checks it.

Advertisement