Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

Reading a bedtime story with 3.5 year old, tiddler by julia Donaldson.

"Is a Tiddler a fish?"
    "Yeah its a small fish..... sorta like a toddler is a small person, a tiddler is a small fish or a baby fish"

Cue massive strop over "a toddler is a big boy, I'm not a baby" etc etc

Think I'll stick with the Gruffalo tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 5,814 ✭✭✭appledrop

Was at the park yesterday evening and ice cream van was there so we had to buy one.

Sitting down eating it on bench and the four year old pipes up 'Ah this is the life'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Did ye ever get the feeling that your child was about before. my youngest 4 year old girl is coming out with some weird stuff. I know she watches utube and stuff but somethings she comes out with scares the life out of me. Just talking about family members that has passed on and never met. Just weird stuff she comes out with.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭josip

kerryjack wrote: »
    Did ye ever get the feeling that your child was about before. my youngest 4 year old girl is coming out with some weird stuff. I know she watches utube and stuff but somethings she comes out with scares the life out of me. Just talking about family members that has passed on and never met. Just weird stuff she comes out with.

This is the 'that made you smile' thread Jack. The 'made you shiver' thread is that way
    >
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Putting my almost 4 year old to bed the other night, tucked her in and sat at the side of the bed continuing the story we've been reading. About 30 seconds or so in and she pipes up:

'We didn't get a hug or a kiss'. Cue a hug and seven kisses.
    She asks 'How many kisses was that?'
    I say seven and she says 'seven'.
    I say 'it was lovely' and she says 'you're very welcome tata'.

I'm loving the manners at the moment. Lots of please and thank you, which just seems to have started from nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

This is in 2 parts, as I don't know how to upload more than 1 photo per post.

Kids sent a post card to the Aras, coloured a picture on it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=546154&d=1615126646[\img]

A reply from them arrived on Friday.

attachment.php?attachmentid=546155&d=1615126776[\img]

Our boy is going through a bit of a fussy stage with eating his dinner. Oddly breakfast and lunch no problems, dinner is just a bit dragged out. I guess he is a bit tired and distracted, and just cant really sit still long enough!

Anyway we watched "Waffles and Mochi" on Netflix over the last few weeks and suddenly he's all super inquisitive about food and has been open to trying some more things. My wife found a kid set of chopsticks online, where the top is joined together and he loves them!! Hilarious to see him clear his plate with this new game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Me to son (7): I love you soooooo much!

Son: Thanks

He cracks me up :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Toilet training the youngest (2 and 11 months, the only boy).He has just discovered that he farts.His reaction to it is hysterical laughter.How he knows to do that already, at age 2, is beyond me.The girls never paid any attention to themselves when they did them!I don't know whether to laugh at him or roll my eyes :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,814 ✭✭✭appledrop

shesty wrote: »
    Toilet training the youngest (2 and 11 months, the only boy).He has just discovered that he farts.His reaction to it is hysterical laughter.How he knows to do that already, at age 2, is beyond me.The girls never paid any attention to themselves when they did them!I don't know whether to laugh at him or roll my eyes :-)

My son is 4 and still thinks his farts are hilarious, definitely a boy thing!

Watched the 1998 Godzilla with our son last night.
    Godzilla sees his dead lizard babies; gets weepie.
    First set of missiles hits Godzilla on the bridge; tears flowing big time.
    Second set of missiles hit and Godzilla's eyes close; bawling his eyes out and gulping for air.
    He's 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Husband has a nickname and 5yr old only found this out recently. He is obsessed with having his own nickname now. We were in the car yesterday and he says
    Him: "Mammy i thought of a great nickname for me."
    Me: "Right ok go on."
    Him: ..... David.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Sitting in the kitchen this morning and 2.5 year old was looking out the window and remarked that she could see a blackbird.

4 year old pipes up "thats a blackbird like the blackbird singing in the dead of night"

:pac:

I was sitting beside my almost 4 year old this morning at the breakfast table. She was eating some cereal while I read a dinosaur book to her. She had been 'shifting about' which is usually a sign that the loo is needed however she declined to use the potty, saying she would when it was needed.
    Cue an enormous fart and the little sweetheart jumped out of her seat- her own fart had frightened her. She told me afterwards it was 'loud & bumpy'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

So I thought my wee boy said to me, "Did you ever see a real penis?" I said, "Well I've seen your one I guess..." He was like, "What? I don't have one!"

Turns out he said "phoenix".

And that's how my parenting is going today! :o

Not mine, but a neighbours 4 year old was @Kildare National Stud a few days ago. Loads of foals there. Over in the packed playground, dude says rather loudly to his parents, did you see the size of that foals penis.

Sitting in the kitchen this morning and 2.5 year old was looking out the window and remarked that she could see a blackbird.

4 year old pipes up "thats a blackbird like the blackbird singing in the dead of night"

:pac:

Sounds like your nailing the parenting thing there, wait 'til 3 little birds land at her window :cool:

On the trip to nursery this morning my son (3.5) asked me "do you want to be a millionaire daddy?"

"What's a millionaire?"

"Its when you have money but a million-hairs, so you wouldnt be bald any more, you could have hair like me :D"

"Thanks buddy, I think I am happy that you are the million-hair and I just have my shiny head"

Collected her from PlaySchool yesterday and on the way to the playground I asked:

'So what did you do in Playschool today?'.

Cue 'I played, it's called PlaySchool Tata'.

Can't argue with that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Me - "Let's go to bed!"
    (Now) 3 year old boy heads off up the stairs singing "willy willy penis, willy willy penis"

This is getting real old, real fast.....

• Advertisement

shesty wrote: »
    Me - "Let's go to bed!"
    (Now) 3 year old boy heads off up the stairs singing "willy willy penis, willy willy penis"

This is getting real old, real fast.....

Going through a major spell of that with 3.5 year old at moment. Everything is poopy and toilets etc etc.....its just a phase, right?:P

gucci wrote: »
    Going through a major spell of that with 3.5 year old at moment. Everything is poopy and toilets etc etc.....its just a phase, right?:P

It's forever.
    I shït you not.

My eldest left that phase at about 4.5 after doing it to death.
    She happily re-entered it around age 5.5 when the second girl entered that phase.
    My third is a boy.
    The phase is now never-ending. I have lost all tolerance for sitting at the dinner table and hearing "fart", "poo", "butt", being used repeatedly in every sentence, and in relation to every single thing that they are discussing.

It gets better, I swear.

:D:D

I don't know what to think now, my little one will be four in two weeks time and we haven't come to that phase yet. Do any pass it by :confused:

I don't know what to think now, my little one will be four in two weeks time and we haven't come to that phase yet. Do any pass it by :confused:

It will eventually pass.
    Like a 5 day old lump of ....
    :)

Girls usually aren't so obsessed with it, I think my pair are outliers. (How lucky am I...).
    She isn't 4 yet though...give her time...!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My son who is 10 said to his dad the other,he would love to win student of the year.
    Why says his dad,well he says "i could do with the money"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

gucci wrote: »

Haha no.In fact it gets worse.
    Wait till they are about 12 or 13 and they just spend the day with their hands down their jocks.:D

Having that conversation too.....
    Are they afraid it will fall off or something !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Listrydude

so loving the random 'I love you, Daddy'! from my 4 year old boy. It just goes too fast...

Advertisement