Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning permission

Options
  • 06-03-2021 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Would planning permission be difficult to put a second storey on a bungalow. The immediate area is generally 1-1.5 storey houses. The second storey would have a flat roof, not higher than the existing pitched roof.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Would need a lot more information for anybody to give an opinion, but from what you have described, your idea sounds a little at odds with context.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

Is dormer / storey and a half an option ? Are you suggesting a flat roof over entire house so like a cube ?
    How close are adjoining properties, rural or urban ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭rayjdav

Yes, It is doable. You say precedence locally so once you can avoid overlooking, I don't see an issue. I've just got one passed 3months ago for 1.5 over bungalow in housing estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

In planning terms there is a big difference between 1.5 storey dormer and 2 storey flat roof as suggested by the OP.
    I would suggest the first option should be acceptable, not convinced about the flat roof option.
    Maybe a mansard type roof would do the trick - see attached for example ?

Advertisement