Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fertiliser prices?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,339 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Bought a good shot of fertiliser today ,Tegasc etc putting a big shove on for protected urea .....don’t think there will be much sold this year going on prices I got

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Bought a good shot of fertiliser today ,Tegasc etc putting a big shove on for protected urea .....don’t think there will be much sold this year going on prices I got

Any difference between Liffey's and Arrabawn?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭alps

mahoney_j wrote: »

Can you imagine what the price if it will be if it's made compulsory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,339 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

blue5000 wrote: »
    Any difference between Liffey's and Arrabawn?

On the protected urea ,no .lots of enquiries and lads looking for prices but can and urea product of choice

• Registered Users Posts: 47 tancoman

Richland at €355 per ton (2×500kg bags)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭jfh

I bought two ton with my fertlizer for 148/ ton in Dairygold. It should be still available for that or less. It seldom varies in price by much

I bought big bags of gromax 72 euro each

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭mengele

I bought Urea back in December before the end of the year for tax reasons. I have enough to do me until June. I paid €340 for it then. I just priced it today in the coop for the crack. €435 a tonne now. They might be able to through €5 off it he said. Mental. Can must surely be a cheaper safer option now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Fine Day

mengele wrote: »
    I bought Urea back in December before the end of the year for tax reasons. I have enough to do me until June. I paid €340 for it then. I just priced it today in the coop for the crack. €435 a tonne now. They might be able to through €5 off it he said. Mental. Can must surely be a cheaper safer option now.
    Thats a mental price for urea. I bought urea last week for€347 per ton. Mind you I had to pay up front. Delivered at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭morphy87

What is nitrogen and 18 6 12 making a ton delivered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

mengele wrote: »

Do you put it down as fertilizer on the accounts . Just thought revenue might see it as a tax avoidance?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭C4d78

jntsnk wrote: »
    Do you put it down as fertilizer on the accounts . Just thought revenue might see it as a tax avoidance?

Why would buying farm inputs be tax avoidance. ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭mengele

I just bought it as another expense for that year. It is gone down as fertiliser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,968 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Tax avoidance is legal, it's evasion that is illegal. Technically it should be carried as stock for next year. However I am not sure if revenue would be that interested unless there was other issues

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭KAMG

Tax avoidance is legal, it's evasion that is illegal. Technically it should be carried as stock for next year. However I am not sure if revenue would be that interested unless there was other issues

Yes, technically it should be put in as stock at year end but in practise it isn't. You would be very unlucky if that was picked up in a Revenue Audit.

However, personally I would only advise forward buying if profits were looking very strong as people never think about the following year when there is much lower expense amount. IN this case, fertiliser.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭ELP

Got 18 6 12 delivered in small bags for 340.
    Thats the same as I give for it last year from a different supplier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭Sami23

ELP wrote: »
    Got 18 6 12 delivered in small bags for 340.
    Thats the same as I give for it last year from a different supplier

18-6-12 up to 370 at the minute.

What's peoples opinion of Replenish compared to 18-6-12. Your getting less P but gaining some trace elements ?

Advertisement