Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fertiliser prices?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Crackedjim01

All my nitrogen does be delivered by Bolgers Agri Ferns this year has been Yara in 4x500kg, used to be Goulding or Grassland. What's the idea behind the 600kg bags apart from holding an extra 100kg,you could only make up multiples of 3 tons, Lots of spreaders hold a ton comfortably but not 1200kg without being at the point of spilling at any slight bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Guys is there a fertiliser with npk and a range of minor nutrients such as boron and manganese.

I'm needing a few bags for my veg garden.
    Had a soil test done and short on these.
    Also short on lime but that's an easy fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭DBK1

Guys is there a fertiliser with npk and a range of minor nutrients such as boron and manganese.

I'm needing a few bags for my veg garden.
    Had a soil test done and short on these.
    Also short on lime but that's an easy fix.
    It’s a beet compound your looking for so.

8-5-18 for beet should have sulphur, magnesium, boron and calcium in it.

DBK1 wrote: »

Thanks.

I'll make a few calls tomorrow

Thanks.

I'll make a few calls tomorrow
    No problem. I should have said also that manganese is normally applied as a liquid fertiliser, or at least it used to be that way when were at tillage. It would be diluted in water and applied via sprayer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Some well rotted dung would help as well I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

dodo mommy wrote: »
    Just on the topic of fertiliser brands, I had an interesting conversation with a man recently about that. He maintained that some brands were cheaper then others, he recommended Goulding what are people's opinions on this?

Only ever used small quantities, but think goulding cleanest to use. Found agro grassland dusty in comparison when you look out the back window of tractor and when washing out spreader afterward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Have any other compounds got boron in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭hopeso

Only ever used small quantities, but think goulding cleanest to use. Found agro grassland dusty in comparison when you look out the back window of tractor and when washing out spreader afterward.

Maybe one time, but I find Gouldings very dusty in recent years.

Mooooo wrote: »
    Some well rotted dung would help as well I'd imagine

I've had manure on it over the winter and planning on putting compost on the beds this year. It's a 1/4 acre veg garden and part of a 4.5 acre field.

Field was fallow for for probably 60 plus years.
    I've the rest rented out for silage so a local is looking after fertilising that and putting slurry on it.

• Advertisement

Have any other compounds got boron in it?
    It’s mainly just beet compounds. 8-5-18 would be the most common. There is a 10-5-25 as well and an 11-0-24 I think.

If it’s something your looking for a couple of ton of you should talk to your merchant, they should be able to mix any compound you need if you give them a bit of notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭alps

hopeso wrote: »
    Maybe one time, but I find Gouldings very dusty in recent years.

And the inside bag is never properly tied to the outer bag and falls through with the feet like a clearing coming from a cow.....no pleasure

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭limerick farmer

18 6 12 and pasture sward 351 cut sward 361 +2 euro if less than 10 ton purchased

It’s mainly just beet compounds. 8-5-18 would be the most common. There is a 10-5-25 as well and an 11-0-24 I think.

If it’s something your looking for a couple of ton of you should talk to your merchant, they should be able to mix any compound you need if you give them a bit of notice.
    Picked up a couple of bags of beet fertiliser today. 22e a bag.
    Gran lime 9e.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,135 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Picked up a couple of bags of beet fertiliser today. 22e a bag.
    Gran lime 9e.

Don't forget to bring up your organic matter in the soil too and your boron, manganese and whatever will follow and rise and find their level.
    By that I mean whatever will feed the microbes in the soil. So food.
    Seaweed, molasses, dung, slurry, compost,, whatever.
    Fermented is better than not and is more readily available to eat too just as our own diet and our own gut microbes.

Don't forget to bring up your organic matter in the soil too and your boron, manganese and whatever will follow and rise and find their level.
    By that I mean whatever will feed the microbes in the soil. So food.
    Seaweed, molasses, dung, slurry, compost,, whatever.
    Fermented is better than not and is more readily available to eat too just as our own diet and our own gut microbes.

It's had manure over the winter and a load of woodchips last year on the beds which broke down over the winter. Going no dig but it was from a low fertility base, hence the fertiliser and lime this year.
    Lots of fungi in the woodchips.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,135 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

It's had manure over the winter and a load of woodchips last year on the beds which broke down over the winter. Going no dig but it was from a low fertility base, hence the fertiliser and lime this year.
    Lots of fungi in the woodchips.

Go out with molasses too.

It wouldn't matter if it was subsoil from Mars. If molasses was put on it it'd transform it to carbon rich topsoil from the Ukraine.
    There's some would argue the fert has the opposite effect of fertility but a half way house is better than none.

I'm aware of the thread title so carefully withdrawing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭TooOldBoots

Any quotes for Gran lime ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,207 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Any quotes for Gran lime ?

I bought two ton with my fertlizer for 148/ ton in Dairygold. It should be still available for that or less. It seldom varies in price by much

Slava Ukrainii

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭TooOldBoots

I bought two ton with my fertlizer for 148/ ton in Dairygold. It should be still available for that or less. It seldom varies in price by much

sound, yep the price doesn't move much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,094 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Bought a good shot of fertiliser today ,Tegasc etc putting a big shove on for protected urea .....don’t think there will be much sold this year going on prices I got

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Bought a good shot of fertiliser today ,Tegasc etc putting a big shove on for protected urea .....don’t think there will be much sold this year going on prices I got

Any difference between Liffey's and Arrabawn?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭alps

mahoney_j wrote: »

Can you imagine what the price if it will be if it's made compulsory

• Registered Users Posts: 11,094 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

blue5000 wrote: »
    Any difference between Liffey's and Arrabawn?

On the protected urea ,no .lots of enquiries and lads looking for prices but can and urea product of choice

• Registered Users Posts: 47 tancoman

Richland at €355 per ton (2×500kg bags)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭jfh

I bought big bags of gromax 72 euro each

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭mengele

I bought Urea back in December before the end of the year for tax reasons. I have enough to do me until June. I paid €340 for it then. I just priced it today in the coop for the crack. €435 a tonne now. They might be able to through €5 off it he said. Mental. Can must surely be a cheaper safer option now.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Fine Day

mengele wrote: »
    I bought Urea back in December before the end of the year for tax reasons. I have enough to do me until June. I paid €340 for it then. I just priced it today in the coop for the crack. €435 a tonne now. They might be able to through €5 off it he said. Mental. Can must surely be a cheaper safer option now.
    Thats a mental price for urea. I bought urea last week for€347 per ton. Mind you I had to pay up front. Delivered at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭morphy87

What is nitrogen and 18 6 12 making a ton delivered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

mengele wrote: »

Do you put it down as fertilizer on the accounts . Just thought revenue might see it as a tax avoidance?

Advertisement