Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steel gauge / thickness

• 03-03-2021 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Loosely related to construction but wasn't sure where else to post and thought people here might know best.

Im buying something made from steel box section. It's already fabricated and I've been comparing different options. One says the box section is 80 x 80 x 3mm and the other is 3 x 3 inch 11 gauge steel (which I think makes it ~3mm thick in metric). But the first piece is advertised as 8-gauge which confused me, because would that not make it ~4mm thick steel as opposed to the 3mm they've listed in their box-section measurements. Both the "3mm" and "8 gauge" are referenced in their product description. Have I misinterpreted something here, or is there a difference between how steel gauge is quoted in different jurisdictions? The 3 x 3 inch 11 gauge piece is from the US whereas the 80 x 80 x 3mm 8 gauge is from the UK.

Comments

Advertisement