Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2020 - AH Official Thread *READ OP BEFORE POSTING*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

What a game this is, best of the tournament. The speed and quality is amazing

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

That was a great opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,808 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

What a ball, Insignes first touch is better that’s 3-1.

Brilliant game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Swaine wrote: »

I was about to post the same, brilliant game, has it all..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭trashcan

Swaine wrote: »

Should have been the final really. Pity about the draw. I think the winner is coming from this game, and I think it will be Italy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

"Chiellini is the grandfather. The grandfather of defending!" - Martin Keown, 2/7/21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Italians are dynamite to watch.

Arghus wrote: »

They are only criticism is that they’ve been a little less then clinical, should be about 4-1 up, missed two relatively easy chances. Their own goal is living a charmed life now they need to watch themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭blackcard

According to the Rte co-commentator, there has been a dozen unbelievable occurrences during this match ... yet somehow I believe that they happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

Their ability to press is impressive. England try to walk it out from the back a lot, the italians could really hurt them there. Looks like the probable final at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭trashcan

Their ability to press is impressive. England try to walk it out from the back a lot, the italians could really hurt them there. Looks like the probable final at this stage

I think Italy would beat England quite handily. As you say, if they try to play out from the back aga8nst Italy It’s gonna end in tears.

DeBruyne might be knackered, very uncharacteristically bad touch there.

It's like they scored the way they celebrated that block.

It was as good as a goal to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

Big blow for Italy with Spinazolla looks like out for the tournament

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Poor lad is devastated.

Spinazzola looks to be in trouble, I thought he was pricking about wasting time but in tears now.

Strumms wrote: »
    Spinazzola looks to be in trouble, I thought he was pricking about wasting time but in tears now.

Just a wrong slip chasing the ball, he knew right away :(

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

Achilles went I think. If so, he's gone for a few months. Fantastic player.

Definitely no faking going on there.

Game has slowed down a bit now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

That was coming.

LOL at clearly oh so hurt Immobile just magically being cured the instant Italy score.

This angle is great, amazing how a goal can cure a players injury

https://twitter.com/donmoyn/status/1411045894716276743

So close, great play.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Not a bad effort at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,722 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

That lad Doku is fairly good….. seems to have the skills to pay the bills…

bag a ****e

Time wasting.

I despise time wasting.

That lad Doku is fairly good….. seems to have the skills to pay the bills…

word up homeboy.

the Italian acting is ramping up if that's possible!

trashcan wrote: »
    I think Italy would beat England quite handily. As you say, if they try to play out from the back aga8nst Italy It’s gonna end in tears.

I think it would be a tight affair personally. Sterling could cause italy problems too.

Cant get over belgiums limited tactics. Give it to doku seems to be the entire gameplan. He has zero end product

• Advertisement

Belgium's moment was 2018.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Great game.

The tournament keeps on giving.

Doku is some player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Time wasting Italian mofos

• Registered Users Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Belgium the nearly team from the last 5,6,7,8,9,10 years etc

Italy v Spain semi - Italy are very, very impressive.
    This Belgium, disappointing Belgians since 2014

• Advertisement

Martinez go comfort yer players. Asshat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,173 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Pity... would have liked to see Belgium win it and get a reward for their 'golden generation' :(

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

I never knew Tim from Coronation street was managing Belgium…

I wonder does hamann know who richie sadlier is?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Those Italian lads would relish playing in the Ulster Championship.

• Advertisement

Belgium's moment was 2018.

Belgium a very good technical side, but not a team. Look at those Italians how pumped up and united they are.

Belgium met Argentina in 14, filled their togs, Wales in 16, filled their togs, France in 2018, filled their togs, and now tonight. I think they'll always be bridesmaids to be honest.

3 guarantees in life. Death, taxes, and Italy doing a number on the big guns.

Belgium never gelled. Doku was their best player on the night and if anybody was going to draw them level, it was him. Lukaku didn't have a good game, neither did De Bruyne. For a team with that kind of talent at their disposal, they really should be doing better.

Italy played really well, though. They will be tough to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

The fact that Belgium can produce a team with so many amazing players is so impressive. I think their moment might be gone although they'll continue to produce good players, it'll be hard to keep the standard as high as it is. Belgium in my lifetime before the Kompany(and van den boor) generation were always workmanike and uninspiring.

Italy were so good, so energetic and vibrant.

Alberta64 wrote: »
    I'm not sure I've seen a better international team than this Italian team. They are sublime. Energy, creativity, organisation, team spirit, toughness, they have it all.

Theyv'e had better individual players, but christ this lot are fair United as a team, and in turn, as a nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Theyv'e had better individual players, but christ this lot are fair United as a team, and in turn, as a nation.

I don't think so. They were always so slow and lacked creativity even when they had supposedly creative players. This is the best they've been to watch.

Their players are probably as good as anything that came before them, the problem is because the money has gone from Serie A, they aren't surrounded by elite players to boost their reputation.

That Lukaku miss from 4 yards will haunt him and the Belgian fans for a few years....must have felt he was back in the red of United missing sitters like that.

The winning goal was magnificent but that Belgian defence was an utter disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

I wonder does hamann know who richie sadlier is?

Or the lady sitting beside Richie….
    Who is she by the way(I missed the start)???

The fact that Belgium can produce a team with so many amazing players is so impressive. I think their moment might be gone although they'll continue to produce good players, it'll be hard to keep the standard as high as it is. Belgium in my lifetime before the Kompany(and van den boor) generation were always workmanike and uninspiring.

Italy were so good, so energetic and vibrant.

Belgium had a few decent players over the years pre this so-called golden generation. Enzo Scifo and Luc Nilis were two in particular, but as you said, they were probably more like Switzerland are now. Honest and dogged, but no real style about them

this is a very good generation of Belgian players, but they have a soft centre.

I don't think so. They were always so slow and lacked creativity even when they had supposedly creative players. This is the best they've been to watch.

Their players are probably as good as anything that came before them, the problem is because the money has gone from Serie A, they aren't surrounded by elite players to boost their reputation.

To be fair the 2012 side were excellent to watch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement