Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Rack Adhesive in Dublin

Options
  • 04-06-2021 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

I have a new Thule Elite XT bike rack, and the manufacturers instructions recommend one of the following adhesives for proper attachment of the rack:

- Dekalin MS 5
    - SIKA 252
    - Terostat MS937

I can find the SIKA adhesive on Amazon, but it'll take a while to deliver (and at a cost too).

Anyone know of any physical stores in Dublin or environs that might stock any of these adhesives?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

MJohnston wrote: »
    I have a new Thule Elite XT bike rack, and the manufacturers instructions recommend one of the following adhesives for proper attachment of the rack:

- Dekalin MS 5
    - SIKA 252
    - Terostat MS937

I can find the SIKA adhesive on Amazon, but it'll take a while to deliver (and at a cost too).

Anyone know of any physical stores in Dublin or environs that might stock any of these adhesives?

Ring Cosy campers in greenogue Rathcoole.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

TigerSeal is just as good as SikaFlex 512

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

It mentions Sika 252, not 512. I don't know what the difference is.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dubbrin

Used for bonding windows onto the sides of vans, windscreens and other things. I'd think that Tigerseal will do the job. Comes in black and white as well

Advertisement