Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline: Thank you for your patients. Mod Warning: OP

• 23-05-2021 4:28pm

23rd May going forward an dat.
    I see the old Liveline thread has exceeded capacity, so taking the liberty of starting a new thread with title based on popular suggestion!
    :)
    EDITED, 24.05.21.

Please read the forum charter as it applies to personal abuse.

Some latitude has traditionally been given in this thread, but even this is qualified. There is a limit. Excessive, derogatory personal insults and epithets are beyond the pale.

Please keep it as civil as possible, or at least desist from casting groundless aspersions — especially on members of the public. People have the right to a good name.

Please keep it lighthearted, enjoy the thread, and don't go overboard with the insults. Thanks — A.L.N.M.!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I see the old Liveline thread has exceeded capacity, so taking the liberty of starting a new thread with title based on popular suggestion!

Was the other thread due it's menopause?

I was going to suggest Liveline: Men on Pause for the next thread.

Was the other thread due it's menopause?

It still had life in it well exceeding its capacity to reproduce itself, so it went on radio.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

will joe cover hoons in galway. one car has a sticker on back fanny smashers

Tell us more!

• Advertisement

utter chaos in galway yesterday hundreds of boy racers revving skidding etc. skhoibhoys i think they are called. some shouting absuse at women etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

utter chaos in galway yesterday hundreds of boy racers revving skidding etc. skhoibhoys i think they are called. some shouting absuse at women etc.

Bad bad bastards

Joe quiet on Twitter this morning. May we expect Katie in today me-wonders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,023 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

And may I commend you on Thread Title :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

hoonsareus

• Advertisement

I was going to suggest Liveline: Men on Pause for the next thread.

A good one would have been

"Liveline: Men on Pause would thank you for your cervix".

I'm not leaking oil, I'm sweating power.

Redneck Rampage for 1 night only in galway featuring tommy tit and the fanny smashers!!

Redneck Rampage for 1 night only in galway featuring tommy tit and the fanny smashers!!

Driving towards Galway from Tipp yesterday was overtaken by a few of those loons. Forcing oncoming traffic onto the hard shoulder. Donut marks on the M17.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,131 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Any chance of a Liveline - Bob Dylan Burthday Special today?

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

dvcireland wrote: »

Dylan, at only eighty, is much too young for such a special.

Joe is away... no photo tweet from Dollymount, so we will probably have Katie in today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

dvcireland wrote: »

I think Ronan is treating us to the Dylan special today. Joe will wait until Bob pops his clogs which is years away as he's still only 80.

Brian Scan wrote: »
    Dylan, at only eighty, is much too young for such a special.

Unless he snuffs it before 3PM.

To be or not to be twoday ....

Tragic deaths of the McGinley children. Father should have known of the psychiatric state of the wife.

Very Long Covid has awful consequences.

People doing their own tattoos, also with awful consequences.

• Advertisement

Three dead children.
    Mental health issues

Long Covid. The yewman cost.

Tattooist are closed. DIY jobs with awful consequences.

No hacking stories today then

No hacking stories today then

Because it wasn't on de promo it will probably feature large.

First Liveline of the week and of the new thread....
    • Death, Death, Death! Now that he has your attention Joe asks why medical records can't be just passed on to anyone who fancies a gawk regardless.

• Long Covid. Something about nursing homes that will probably turn into incessant waffle.

• DIY Tattoo. Everything you needle know about tattletooing out illegal body art.

1446123246.png

See you all in an hour or so....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Long covid got an extended run before and we will be hearing about it for years and years to come, a bottomless pit of sickness for rte talk shows. The general consensus of the thread was that very very very very very talkative people are more likely to suffer from long coivd, suspect to be at great risk due to their love of yapping

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Long covid got an extended run before and we will be hearing about it for years and years to come, a bottomless pit of sickness for rte talk shows. The general consensus of the thread was that very very very very very talkative people are more likely to suffer from long coivd, suspect to be at great risk due to their love of yapping

Yeah! I recall several of them telling us they couldn't catch their breath as they speed-talked us through their shortage of lung capacity :pac:

I remember in March 2020 in Namibia when I caught a lung infection of some nature, and O2 sat dropped to 82%, I really could NOT talk in a sentence.

It seems a common symptom of long covid is the urge to talk incessantly about it. It truly is a horrible illness.

Joe has avoided the subject of travel for some time... probably doesn't want to be reminded dat de chateau will likely remain locked with drawbridge up until 2022.

• Advertisement

The housing crisis not getting a mention is a bit strange too. Maybe it isn't as big a deal as the government is making out coz this is a caller driven show and the callers don't seem to want to talk about it.

Joe has avoided the subject of travel for some time... probably doesn't want to be reminded dat de chateau will likely remain locked with drawbridge up until 2022.

The Jag must be missing the long drives. Sticking it into D and crawling behind a procession heading towards Glasnevin just isn't the same, is it?

The housing crisis not getting a mention is a bit strange too. Maybe it isn't as big a deal as the government is making out coz this is a caller driven show and the callers don't seem to want to talk about it.

Unless a caller has a housing problem and long covid at the same time

It seems a common symptom of long covid is the urge to talk incessantly about it. It truly is a horrible illness.

And then if it coincides with the men-on-pause it causes massive uncontrollable verbal diarrhoea which only volumes of intravenous sound-bytes can replace.

Joe will decide what are the relevant crises, caller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,318 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Fingers crossed for the tattoos that could be gold!

• Advertisement

Joe will decide what are the relevantcrises, caller.

When Joe describes it as a caller-driven show, I think what happens is Joe rings the producer around 10am and says "I want to talk about blah today, line up a few people ready to go on air at 1.45".

gmisk wrote: »

"I'm outraged Joe. There should be a warning on the tattoo machine saying like "If you have no artistic skills, you have no business using this device".

Or

"I'm outraged Joe. My 14 year old son bought this on eBay. Im outraged the DPD courier didnt check his ID before giving it to him".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

he hates tattoos

he hates tattoos

Tattoo parlours to be shut by 3pm?

Maybe theyl speak to the 20 year convict that Joe had such good time for (not Ivor) about the home made tattoos

• Advertisement

We could have some interesting locations.

Joe doesn't like tattoos. Especially on English policemen AND WOMEN. #woke

Joe: And what colour is the tattoo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,928 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Gift cards
    again.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,248 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

The Gift Card that keeps on giving

Giftcards again. Deja vu, anyone?

Did you FALL pregnant, caller?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

She gerouuuttaa the car