Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook post public - no share?

Options
  • 25-03-2021 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Help appreciated!
    I created a post on my Facebook page, linking to a giveaway on an Instagram page (small business, local person - no mega business behind her). My post is Public, but there is no Share button. Audience is Public. My Activity Log describes my post as Public.
    I had posted about this book previously (no giveaway at that time, just links to the Insta page and the order website), and the Share button came up at that time
    Anyone know why there's no Share this time? Could FB have detected that it's a giveaway, and scuppered it?
    Google searches have not helped. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Eskarina Smith

I found a fix. I reckon the FB algorithms smelled a competition and disallowed the share button. It was also very difficult to find any information on this, but it probably happens all the time - the conspiracy theorist in me suspects that google/FB suppress any discussion on it!!
    Anyway, the fix was to Edit my FB post to remove the link to the Insta post and say "link in comments". First, I saved the Insta thumbnail picture and added it back to my post just as a jpg. Saving this edit brought up the Share button on my post. Adding the link in a comment didn't cause the Share button to disappear, so I'm happy enough with that.

Advertisement