Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 inch Mitre saw blade recommendations?

Options
  • 27-10-2020 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I've got a Bosch 305mm/12 inch sliding mitre saw and need to replace the blade. It has the original Bosch 80 tooth blade on it which was great for really smooth cuts but I ended up cutting hundreds of sleepers and 6x3s on it over the last few weekends and have pretty much wrecked the blade. Thinking if buying 2 new blades in the next week, one for rougher cuts (still have a good bit of outdoor stuff to cut) and one for finer stuff.
    Any recommendations?
    Thanks
    Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Bosch, DeWalt, Makita etc. are all of decent quality.
    For rough stuff sleepers etc. 305 x 30mm x 24T and 48Tooth
    For finer work 60 or 80 tooth.

High quality long lasting industrial blades : Forrest, Frued Premier Fusion ,Tenryu Gold Medal, Ridge Carbide TS2000, Infinity Super General etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭mobfromcork

Thanks for the reply. I have a few DeWalt tools but was never too impressed with their accessories - drill bits etc. I'll price around for the other brands you mentioned and see if I can find a good balance of price/quality for my usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Corkey123

I'd recommend a CMT blade

See https://www.jjacksontools.com/

Located in Kilcoole, Co Wicklow

Seconded.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭mobfromcork

Thanks for the recommendation, I knew I had seen those recommended at some stage over the last few months on this forum but couldn't find the thread when I searched. I just emailed them there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement