Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Bettystown

Options
  • 24-11-2018 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi folks. After looking around different areas I am considering buying in Bettystown. There appears to be a lack of discussion on the area. Would greatly appreciate any advise that you guys can share particularly about the new estates there on eastham road, and castlemartin road. Whats the area like in general for family living? Generally affluent and safe? Any problems with drugs or other antisocial behaviour? Any other insites please? Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 leburg

Mtk2018 wrote: »
    Hi folks. After looking around different areas I am considering buying in Bettystown. There appears to be a lack of discussion on the area. Would greatly appreciate any advise that you guys can share particularly about the new estates there on eastham road, and castlemartin road. Whats the area like in general for family living? Generally affluent and safe? Any problems with drugs or other antisocial behaviour? Any other insites please? Many thanks

Hi while I don’t live in Bettystown we bought in Laytown just 2 mins away and know Bettystown well. It’s a lovely area for a family we have 2 young kids and they love the area, there is plenty to do and having the beach on your doorstep is great we were down there most days during the summer.

I have friends in the newer estates you have mentioned and they say there are no issues in the areas with any antisocial behaviour. You do get a few groups of kids that hang around the shops but you get that everywhere and I’ve never heard of them causing any issues.

Traffic on the M1 going to Dublin in the mornings can be busy but I start early so miss most of it. Laytown has a train station and there are Mathews busses to the city centre. Droughede is 10 mins away and has all the shops you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭enricoh

Not a bad spot, few estates going up in donacarney as well.
    No real anti social issues, julianstown can be a pain to get through at peak hours. Decent train and bus service.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭into_the_wild

We're a couple (30ish) looking to buy a house in bettystown. Any idea if its a good area to live in? We both work in Dublin. Well working remotely at the moment but might have to travel when offices reopen. Will be good to know the pros and cons from couples already living there.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭gandalfio

We're a couple (30ish) looking to buy a house in bettystown. Any idea if its a good area to live in? We both work in Dublin. Well working remotely at the moment but might have to travel when offices reopen. Will be good to know the pros and cons from couples already living there.

Hi,

Did you end up buying in the end or getting any feedback on the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭into_the_wild

The feedback was nice but we ended up southside in Wicklow as it suited us a bit more

• Advertisement
Advertisement