Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"french cleats"

Options
  • 17-01-2009 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Anyone ever hung cupboards or the like using this method?It seems an ideal way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

yeah I have. It is a normal enough pratice in kitchen units. Its easy to do.

There is clips on Utube with instuction.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Hi gsxr1, It seems easy enough and and for I'm thinking of using the sysytem for ,it'll be very versatile.

Do pro kitchen fitters use this still,I thought most kitchen presses were hung on a metal strip??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

aerosol wrote: »
    Hi gsxr1, It seems easy enough and and for I'm thinking of using the sysytem for ,it'll be very versatile.

Do pro kitchen fitters use this still,I thought most kitchen presses were hung on a metal strip??

To be honest I have seen them used more than the metal strip method.

I am not a kitchen fitter by trade , but most of the subby kitchen fitters I have worked with simply use off cuts to make the cleat and i has great results.

Advertisement