Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE: Drivetime with Sarah McInerney & Cormac O hEadhra

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,056 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Hmmm………

O’Headhra seems much more relaxed with Libreri.

Seems to think he is the ‘bull goose’ in this tandem.

I like Libreri in this role, less abraisive than McInerney, and oHeadhra doesn’t seem as threatened by her.

If she could get rid of the ‘Nooze’ stuff she could be very acceptable.

O’HEadhra seems a lot more relaxed, doesn’t pound the mic like he does with McInerney.

Hmmm…..

• Registered Users Posts: 66,851 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Brilliant again from Sarah...Minister McConologue abusing the interview by steadfastly refusing to answer a straight question.

'Ok, you clearly won't answer, let's move on'.

Brilliant again from Sarah...Minister McConologue abusing the interview by steadfastly refusing to answer a straight question.

'Ok, you clearly won't answer, let's move on'.

Good performance by Charlie, didn’t succumb to attempts to try and ‘flash bang’ him.

Well done lad.

Good performance by Charlie, didn’t succumb to attempts to try and ‘flash bang’ him.

Well done lad.

'Performance' was the word alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Roderic O'Gormans head is still spinning after the earlier interview with Cormac - Cormac was well prepared as the hapless Roderic blustered.

Not a good week for the Greens.

• Advertisement

Infoanon wrote: »
    Roderic O'Gormans head is still spinning after the earlier interview with Cormac - Cormac was well prepared as the hapless Roderic blustered.

Heard that one too, O'Gorman sounded like a badly prepared, bluffing Junior Cert.

Infoanon wrote: »

Very bad interview I’m sad to say.

Heard that one too, O'Gorman sounded like a badly prepared, bluffing Junior Cert.

It's nothing new. How many times must he make a show of himself on the radio or in the Oireachtas before people say 'enough'? He's been especially cack-handed on this Mother & Baby story, he cannot get on top of his brief. It would be tolerable if it was a breaking story, but he's been blundering for months.

There are only two conclusions: either he isn't capable of the job, or he doesn't care for it.

It's nothing new. How many times must he make a show of himself on the radio or in the Oireachtas before people say 'enough'? He's been especially cack-handed on this Mother & Baby story, he cannot get on top of his brief. It would be tolerable if it was a breaking story, but he's been blundering for months.

There are only two conclusions: either he isn't capable of the job, or he doesn't care for it.

Certainly does not perform well in situations like today.

Feel sorry for the lad, but doesn’t seem on top of things.

Really enjoyed that segment with Gda. Fiachra O'Vehicle and the kids playing with the Garda speed-gun.

One of the kids to guard: "Did you every CHOKE someone?"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 Hint of Sarcasm

Hmmm………

O’Headhra seems much more relaxed with Libreri.

Seems to think he is the ‘bull goose’ in this tandem.

I like Libreri in this role, less abraisive than McInerney, and oHeadhra doesn’t seem as threatened by her.

If she could get rid of the ‘Nooze’ stuff she could be very acceptable.

O’HEadhra seems a lot more relaxed, doesn’t pound the mic like he does with McInerney.

Hmmm…..
    I must listen out for that! I would find it hard to notice without being able to see anything. Libreri was just filling in for Sarah so?

Pound the mic???

I must listen out for that! I would find it hard to notice without being able to see anything. Libreri was just filling in for Sarah so?

Pound the mic???

Libreri was filling in.

“Pound the mic”. O’hEadhra to me uses a tone of voice which doesn’t seem natural, more as if he is making announcements, rather than speaking ‘normally”

After listening for a while it becomes tiring and difficult to stick with.

Certainly holding the prog.from 1630 to 1900 on his own would be a no-no for me.

You need to be a regular listener to spot those little nuances, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Pound the mic???

I don't see all of BB's posts due to having him on ignore, but I see enough through quotes to know that he has a total, and seemingly irrational, hate for Sarah McInerney for some reason, as yet unexplained.

Every single positive that's posted about her (and there are many) he manages to turn on its head. And otherwise it's "X tore Sarah a new hole today" - a phrase that I hate at the best of times, but my God is overused in this thread to a criminal extent :(

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I don't see all of BB's posts due to having him on ignore, but I see enough through quotes to know that he has a total, and seemingly irrational, hate for Sarah McInerney for some reason, as yet unexplained.

Every single positive that's posted about her (and there are many) he manages to turn on its head. And otherwise it's "X tore Sarah a new hole today" - a phrase that I hate at the best of times, but my God is overused in this thread to a criminal extent :(

:eek:

I’ll try not to use that expression as much.

Apologies.

Looks like they went a bit mad down in Athlone.

Cooke is slobbering away, just like Lally.

Same auld patter, same auld rubbish, don’t diss the locals whatever else you do.

Not us guv. Someone else responsible.

In fairness Libreri much less aggressive the McInerney.

I feel that she should be given the job full time.

Let McInerney go to TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Nah, get rid of Cormac and keep Sarah - love the voice. :D

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Nah, get rid of Cormac and keep Sarah - love the voice. :D

Ooooookie dokey.:eek:

Wouldn’t agree , but hey, strange tastes will always crop up.

Jaysus, Fitzmaurice the Uber populist up next.

How many times will he say ‘ensure’ ?

Listen out and weep at this idiot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 Hint of Sarcasm

Ooooookie dokey.:eek:

Wouldn’t agree , but hey, strange tastes will always crop up.
    No, a lot of guys like her voice actually!

• Advertisement

Here’s one of them :)

I'm pretty sure there was a thread about her voice in AH once, or else it became about her voice. One the great voices for radio, up there with Larry Gogan, Annie Nightingale and, literally the voice of the middle-class, Philip, Boucher and Hayes.

I'm pretty sure there was a thread about her voice in AH once, or else it became about her voice. One the great voices for radio, up there with Larry Gogan, Annie Nightingale and, literally the voice of the middle-class, Philip, Boucher and Hayes.

:rolleyes:

Ssssssssteady……………….

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

I like her voice.

I like her voice.

Good man…..

Sarah trying to bring down a big beast……….

Not succeeding…………

She’s upping the word rate………sign of being rattled.

Edit

Got a new one ripped out for her, well done Simon, McInerney ow knows what senior hurling is like.

Sarah trying to bring down a big beast……….

Not succeeding…………

She’s upping the word rate………sign of being rattled.

Not listening at the moment...but I'll wager the roof over my head that the 'big beast' is a FGer.

Not listening at the moment...but I'll wager the roof over my head that the 'big beast' is a FGer.

One of those who take responsibility Francie, who don’t hide in the whins and heather firing from the sidelines, one of those who stands up and takes control of situations and drives them along.

Not a bunch of imposters who promise the sun moon and stars that I could do on a social media site.

The players on the field stand or fall Francie, some may stand some may fall, but the stults on the sideline can pontificate ,roar and shout , nobody holds them to account ……

Stand up and be counted F, walking away from the hard votes epitomizes the yellow backbone your fellow travelers displayed.

Found out Francie, gutted and filleted :D

One of those who take responsibility Francie, who don’t hide in the whins and heather firing from the sidelines, one of those who stands up and takes control of situations and drives them along.

Not a bunch of imposters who promise the sun moon and stars that I could do on a social media site.

The players on the field stand or fall Francie, some may stand some may fall, but the stults on the sideline can pontificate ,roar and shout , nobody holds them to account ……

Stand up and be counted F, walking away from the hard votes epitomizes the yellow backbone your fellow travelers displayed.

Found out Francie, gutted and filleted :D

So...I won the wager I guess. :)

Lots of predictability in here. ;)

• Advertisement

So...I won the wager I guess. :)

Lots of predictability in here. ;)

Heh heh….. McInerney wasn’t so smug and self satisfied after the joust with the Big Dogs Francie.

I’ll send the winnings to Connolly House, care of G. Kelly.(front seat passenger)

Should get to you fairly quickly :D

Advertisement