Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding day timeline

Options
  • 25-05-2021 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi all just looking for your opinions on the wedding day time line for 25 people with the 11.30 curfew in place. the ceremony and reception is in the hotel. We were thinking having the ceremony at 1.30 and then dinner for 5, do you think this is will give enough time for dancing (still dont know if its allowed!!)
    what timelines are you all going for?? TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

If the guests are limited to 25 then there won't be dancing. We're getting married in July and I expect the guests to have increased to 50 by then, still not sure if the band will be allowed, though if it;s only 50 and over by 11:30 the band seems a waste.

We're not changing the timeline, so ceremony at 2:30, drinks reception at 3:30, speeches at 5, dinner at 5:30 and then an evening of drinking and talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 redheadcork

I think it depends on the hotel as to whether there is dancing and obviously the atmosphere and whether people want to dance. I’ve heard of dancing at 25 guest weddings.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Yeah venues seem to be taking different views on music and dancing, as the guidance isn't legally binding. My venue was still allowing music and dancing last year for weddings with 25 guests. We'll definitely still have a DJ even if we only have 25 guests!

Our venue gave us the following sample timeline if we want to start early due to the curfew:
    • Guests arrive approximately at 12.30pm for 1pm ceremony.
    • Ceremony generally lasts 30/45 minutes.
    • 15-minute congratulation line
    • Reception drinks from 2pm to 4pm
    • Newlyweds go off for photographs during drinks reception.
    • Call for dinner at 4pm
    • Order taken at 4.15pm
    • Speeches between order and service for 30 minutes
    • Food starts to get delivered 4.45pm
    • Food service for 2-3 hours depending on size of Wedding
    • Mingling between guests from 7-8pm
    • Music from 8pm
    • Music to finish at 11pm along with bar service
    • Everyone to leave the premises by 11.30pm

We're hoping for 50 guests and they said dinner service would normally take between 2hr and 2hr20min for that size. So the DJ would be able to start around 7 or so (probably starting with more mellow music to start while people let their food settle!). That would still let us get a few good hours of dancing in.

I was also considering doing some "first look" photos before the ceremony.

My only concern now is how early we might need to start getting ready in the morning if we have the ceremony at 1pm. I'm just waiting for my MUA and hairdresser to get back to me about timings there...

Advertisement