Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Programme for Removed Files Recovery with Unlimited Restoration OR Method to Rev

Options
  • 15-05-2021 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭

Anyone know any Free Programmes for Removed Files Recovery with Unlimited Restoration? EaseUS Data Recovery, Recuva, iMyFone AnyRecover etc. that have Free unlimited restoring....

Or, Method to reverse a Full Factory No Files and Folders Factory Reset?

Comments

Note that link seems to be some sort of ad as well as a list of such programs so check out the other programs as well as the one recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I downloaded a few different ones and ran a few Scans on them. Recuva came back with very little at all and I would have scanned different Parts / Drives etc., but I know there was a lot more on my Computer that it should have recalled...

Other Programs do show up what I presume is everything and do look about right... Have already purchased one for €43 and it was useless 'cos when I download the recovered Files, and go to open them afterwards there is nothing to open. Even though what downloads is in the correct common / File widely-accepted Extension and even named and everything, and shows the Kilobytes of the File.. But on opening it says Nothing to show / Un-supported / Corrupt.. So that was a complete waste of €43!

I'm kind-of tempted to pay for Wondershare, it looks half-decent. The recovered scanned Files largely all appear to preview / display in full as working / operable or whatever. But it is a hefty sum of $70. I don't have a lot of money and don't want to waste more! I wonder what are the chance of all the Files ending up being corrupt if I go and pay the $70 for it?!?:confused::confused: If they preview fine, - would it be safe enough to assume they all recover/download/open okay for me...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

free ones

https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva

https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec - only if all else fails and use an external drive
    won't recover filenames , but if you want to scrape photos off a drive after a format it's the biz

It would be so so so great if all these Companies came together and provided 1/2 Services and Products to recover Files and Folders that actually work, that restore into their original Folders and are easy to read and know what's what, and not just make a billion other Folders with an additional billion Sub-Folders that I have absolutely no idea WHATSOEVER what they are about and make absolutely no sense to me at all at all. And also that are easy to access and have a Layout that's easy to navigate.

And paying for this on a probability that the Files may recover, is absolutely ridiculous insane. And they still get to keep my money!! Oh We might be able to recover your Files for you but they might be corrupt too.:rolleyes::confused::rolleyes::confused:

:-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Recuva came back with very little at all

Which is a great sign its all gone.

This is also what you'd expect. Assuming this is an off the shelf laptop what you did was copy a base windows image from the hidden recovery partition to the primary partition. So it overwrote a good portion of the drive. Its not quite the same as say accidentally formatting an SD card where you'll often get 99% of the data back.

So I stumbled across this Website; coupons.ivoicesoft.com/v8799-wondershare/8799-431#coupon-8799-431, and there's a Coupon Code on there for "Wondershare Data Recovery for Windows Coupon Code 30% OFF;" - 23rd item on Page, and when you click into it, it comes up at €40!
    Where-as the official Website; recoverit.wondershare.com/buy/store.html?src=cj&cjevent=03075775cf8111eb8194016e0a18050f , is a bit higher in price.

I know Couponing is a big thing in America and other Countries, but Spam is also a big thing everywhere, and if it looks too good to be true it usually is!

Butttt is there any small chance the Coupon Codes Website is a real discounted thing, or is it all a spammy McScammy Spam Scam lol?!?

And actually also on that Coupons Code Website Link, -- on the 75th item, there is, " RecoverIt Coupon code 30% OFF" -- I don't know what's different about these 2.. Isn't RecoverIt and Wondershare the same thing?!? Maybe it's different versions / years of the same Program or something... I'm so tired. I'd nearly buy a new Laptop. I'm still missing stuff I want because of Stoopid backing up nonsense. I still have to get the stoopid Letter fixed on the Keyboard if I ever get this recovery crap sorted. I'll have the price of a new Laptop spent with everything.

And what if I can't find anyone that's able to fix the Keyboard and get the Letter back working, - I'll still end up having to buy a new Laptop.:rolleyes::rolleyes: Stoopid poxy Windows silly Updates. They should all be optional, and shouldn't be necessary for a Computer to work, if the end-result is going to be a World of Hurt and empty Pockets.

There's no guarantee either that the recovered Files are going to be a success after all this.:mad:

Lord I just want this all to be over or go back in time.

Could a Mod please move this to Ranting & Raving or somewhere please thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Just because a program shows what might be recoverable doesn't mean it's recoverable - nothing more than marketing blurb with most of these recovery programs before they get you to pay for it.

A "reset" is likely to have overwritten most files beyond the point of recovery

Have you checked OneDrive for it's file history?

I was re-setting Laptop to Factory reset, to start from Scratch in order to bring it into someone, to see could they fix my Letter i Key - that stopped working after some Windows H20 Install/Update.

I find OneDrive and those services hard to navigate so I don't bother with them think there was a couple of Files on OneDrive alright. I backup stuff onto External Hard-drives fine, but I was backing up by Folders here and I just totally forgot to back up Downloads Folder, and then I just assumed that Desktop Folder some way somehow automatically saves elsewhere to another location or its original Folder or something, but eh apparently it doesn't. So I would like to get back those 2 Folders if I could.

Resetting does its job and resets and overwrites the Computer yes. However people are still going to forget things and still going to need things they've gotten rid of. People may still need stuff they no longer have access to.

I don't have much knowledge on Computers so I don't know how to get the best out of Recovery Programs. Maybe most of them are a marketing ploy yes, but I have successfully retrieved some Files from Recovery Tools that are working perfectly so they do work for sure.

Even if a marketing ploy, some work, many are probably a fake, some seem to bring up different Files. I've scanned a few different Programs and there doesn't seem to be one Program that's bringing up all Files for me.

I notice that recovered Files from Desktop recover and work perfectly, but recovered Files from Downloads Folder are corrupt, - and the Downloads Folder would be where all these Recovery Programs installed to, so maybe over-writing space in the Downloads Folder is making stuff corrupt...

Either way even if recovering Files and data is frowned-upon in the Standard I.T. Textbook, - I still want the stuff I no longer have so I will try to get it back if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I was re-setting Laptop to Factory reset, to start from Scratch in order to bring it into someone, to see could they fix my Letter i Key - that stopped working after some Windows H20 Install/Update.

I find OneDrive and those services hard to navigate so I don't bother with them think there was a couple of Files on OneDrive alright. I backup stuff onto External Hard-drives fine, but I was backing up by Folders here and I just totally forgot to back up Downloads Folder, and then I just assumed that Desktop Folder some way somehow automatically saves elsewhere to another location or its original Folder or something, but eh apparently it doesn't. So I would like to get back those 2 Folders if I could.

Resetting does its job and resets and overwrites the Computer yes. However people are still going to forget things and still going to need things they've gotten rid of. People may still need stuff they no longer have access to.

I don't have much knowledge on Computers so I don't know how to get the best out of Recovery Programs. Maybe most of them are a marketing ploy yes, but I have successfully retrieved some Files from Recovery Tools that are working perfectly so they do work for sure.

Even if a marketing ploy, some work, many are probably a fake, some seem to bring up different Files. I've scanned a few different Programs and there doesn't seem to be one Program that's bringing up all Files for me.

I notice that recovered Files from Desktop recover and work perfectly, but recovered Files from Downloads Folder are corrupt, - and the Downloads Folder would be where all these Recovery Programs installed to, so maybe over-writing space in the Downloads Folder is making stuff corrupt...

Either way even if recovering Files and data is frowned-upon in the Standard I.T. Textbook, - I still want the stuff I no longer have so I will try to get it back if I can.

You shouldn't be saving stuff to a drive your trying to recover data from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Your best bet is to take it to a recovery shop
    Tho installing multiple programs to recover data has more than likely made the situation even worse - all the sectors where your deleted data was would have been marked as empty and available for writing

Advertisement