Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

mundogas wrote: »
    I noticed this morning that the order agreement that was in my online order page has disappeqred. It outlined the price expected at the time of hooking.The booking invoice is still there. Not that it matters but was still there a few days ago.

Yup I'm the same! Mine is also gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

same

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

mundogas wrote: »
    I noticed this morning that the order agreement that was in my online order page has disappeqred. It outlined the price expected at the time of hooking.The booking invoice is still there. Not that it matters but was still there a few days ago.

Same. Hopefully a positive sign!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Tweet Elon quick
    It would be worth it to ye guys and with the vat rate would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Vinnymcdonnell

Jog501 wrote: »
    There are some fantastic private leasing and PCP deals available for the Model 3 accross Europe too. Seems strange they haven't bothered implementing it here too, even more so given the high residual values we are seeing. It would probably increase their sales here by double digits overnight.

Not enough people numbers in Ireland for the lease deals so safer for them to just have HP or outright. They used to do lease for the Model S but was not a great deal to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

If they had PCP like other major manufacturers they would sell even more here

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jog501

Not enough people numbers in Ireland for the lease deals so safer for them to just have HP or outright. They used to do lease for the Model S but was not a great deal to be honest

To be fair, if that was the case BMW, Audi and Mercedes wouldn't offer it on their lower volume selling models. Tesla offer it in smaller markets and to justify not offering it in Ireland due to low sales figures is self defeating. They could easily grow their market share with a new approach. Its an oversight on their part rather IMO. I think the real issue is a lack of vision/motivation in the Irish dealership management to increase sales.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Yeah but then they’d have to get their ar$e in gear and deliver the Superchargers we desperately need!!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭jerryg

Electrek just posted that Tesla mod 3 prices are to be reduced in certain European markets, could we hope this will happen here

Should happen here, but probably wont. We're (along with the UK) outside the main EU for Tesla

• Advertisement

jerryg wrote: »
    Electrek just posted that Tesla mod 3 prices are to be reduced in certain European markets, could we hope this will happen here

If it is indeed based on the € vs $ that allowing the price drop I think we are in for a chance of a price drop!

Wonder is it only for the 3 or could it be for the others too?
    The S and X had a price raise here recently, despite the VRT reduction and 2ppt VAT discount

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

This is a F-ing joke every country in Europe is checking in comparing discounts on other forums. And Ireland .... nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

J-W wrote: »
    This is a F-ing joke every country in Europe is checking in comparing discounts on other forums. And Ireland .... nothing

I'd suggest not looking at the prices in the US so - I went to the US site to see what sort of price difference there is between the Model 3 & Model Y.

In the US you can get an SR+ for $30,000 which converts to about €25,000 :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

nc6000 wrote: »
    I'd suggest not looking at the prices in the US so - I went to the US site to see what sort of price difference there is between the Model 3 & Model Y.

In the US you can get an SR+ for $30,000 which converts to about €25,000 :(

We’ve covered this many times. You then pay local and state taxes. The price you see is not on the road.

It’s the same when people compare an iPhone on the Apple store in the USA compared to here.

From the M3 page on Tesla USA ;
    * Prices shown include the $1,500 California Clean Fuel Reward and potential incentives and gas savings of $6,300

And further along;
    Purchase Price
    $36,490
    Excluding taxes and fees

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭mike_2009

Wow - Germany:
    Model 3 Standard Range Plus: from €42.990 to €39.990
    And we're still on €47,582 !! Ouch. Wish I could import but it's left hand drive!!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Vinnymcdonnell

mike_2009 wrote: »
    Wow - Germany:
    And we're still on €47,582 !! Ouch. Wish I could import but it's left hand drive!!

And you will then have to pay 21% VAT on your new import as under 6,000 kms plus VRT and as not a resident most likely will not get the grant in Germany which in all would make it more expensive

mike_2009 wrote: »
    Wow - Germany:

Buying a 6 month old model 3 from germany would save probably 10k on the price here even allowing for VRT. I'm strongly considering doing this for my next car.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

ELM327 wrote: »
    Buying a 6 month old model 3 from germany would save probably 10k on the price here even allowing for VRT. I'm strongly considering doing this for my next car.

You wouldn't mind LHD?

I thought you were done with Tesla? :confused:

• Advertisement

Actually, I just went to the Ireland site and it's now saying "Estimated Delivery: May" on model 3 new orders.

Slaanesh wrote: »
    You wouldn't mind LHD?

I wouldnt really other than resale cost implications. I've had many LHD cars here as a US car fan.

I thought you were done with Tesla? :confused:
    So did I but where else do you go :D:D

Actually, I just went to the Ireland site and it's now saying "Estimated Delivery: May" on model 3 new orders.

Still says February for me when I'm incognito for the SR+ & LR! P is May

Ah. Yes I was looking at the performance model. (Midnight silver metallic with white interior - as thats the one I'd get - would prefer a Y in that combo)

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Dozz

Any specific home charger suggestions by owners or does it matter?
    Got a quote for supply and install of a Tesla one. Expensive compared to others. Looking at a wallbox install now.

Dozz wrote: »
    Any specific home charger suggestions by owners or does it matter?
    Got a quote for supply and install of a Tesla one. Expensive compared to others. Looking at a wallbox install now.

How much were you quoted?

My net cost for install was around €450, and can’t fault the Tesla charger 1 bit. The car gets charged every night it’s plugged in!! So what more would you need?

(I bought directly from Tesla and sourced my own installer)

How much were you quoted?

My net cost for install was around €450, and can’t fault the Tesla charger 1 bit. The car gets charged every night it’s plugged in!! So what more would you need?

(I bought directly from Tesla and sourced my own installer)

€1000 for install only
    Could you apply for the grant by doing it the way you did?

Dozz wrote: »
    €1000 for install only
    Could you apply for the grant by doing it the way you did?

Yes, as long as your combined costs are above €600 you get the full grant amount.

As long as the electrician is a RECI, you’ll get the grant. You don’t have to get the charger off them....

I paid a guy €530 to install mine which was considered on the high side.

€1,000 is taking the pi$$ unless the charger is 20m from your fuse box and you perhaps need a priority switch...... and even then it would still be too much.

• Advertisement

I paid a guy €530 to install mine which was considered on the high side.

€1,000 is taking the pi$$ unless the charger is 20m from your fuse box and you perhaps need a priority switch...... and even then it would still be too much.

No priority switch required and it's about 15m from the board max.
    €1200 supply and install for the wallbox.
    Slightly cheaper for a MENNEKES charger but it's a bit industrial looking for me

Advertisement