Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home generator

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭tech

HI James

did you get the genny installed and setup ?

all going ok

Mine's still running...the fuel tank hasn't run out yet.
    Sometimes I go off grid just to be trendy..:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭jamesd

I'm finally up and going, 11 months later as was waiting on my local sparks to do this job and couldn't get him until today.

Here is the new changeover switch in the fuse box, didnt get my led fitted today to show me if the mains was back so that will have to done again.
    I was doing another job a few weeks ago and had to dig the tarmac up between my house and garage to lay some network cables and while I was at it I rang the generator power cabled between the house and the garage underground in some piping so it came out over the house fuse box and inside my garage.

Powercable ran is 3 x 4 mm2, pic attached, ran it this evening and only tiny voltage drop over the cable so happy with that - ran the full house with no issues.

Had out first power cut this evening, power was out for 3hrs and it was great to be able to just plug in and switch on the generator and have full power in the house again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

What did the spark charge you?

Nothing as yet, I asked to pay and he said he would send me on the bill in a few weeks.

• Advertisement

Still no bill from my sparks. Have used the generator for 4 hours about 2 weekends ago - ran house with no issues.

Advertisement