Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas present ideas for farmers.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Reggie. wrote: »
    What do you need work boots for?

Work I'd imagine <mod snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 11,125 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Is it cheating if it's not farm related?

A training flight in a microlight. €90.
    One for the bucket list.

https://www.extremesports.ie/microlight-flying-lesson-30-min

Or I suppose an optical refractometer and a stainless steel garlic crusher for taking brix readings. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Donegalforever

• Registered Users Posts: 24,370 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Work I'd imagine <mod snip>

Dammit.....want to see what's in the mod snip :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Reggie. wrote: »
    Dammit.....want to see what's in the mod snip :D

I used your first name accidentally.

• Advertisement

Ah.....thought it was something sausey

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Solli

I dunno if any of ye find it hard to switch off when you're trying to sleep but I bought my Dad a soundbox some years back. Plays a few different nature sounds (waves, river, nighttime crickets etc) and he swears by it to help him drop off to sleep.
    Seems to be the only stand out present I got for him tbh, everything else has faded into obscurity :D

Oh that sounds like it would help my dad. Can you post the model? Or where u got it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Is Reggie not his first name? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Solli wrote: »
    Oh that sounds like it would help my dad. Can you post the model? Or where u got it?

The one I got doesn't seem to be there any more but if you look for 'noise machine' on Amazon you'll find loads. I was just looking at this one & might get it for myself!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Machine-Soothing-Natural-Functions-Portable/dp/B086MG25BB/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=sound+machine&pd_rd_r=12d32398-4744-416d-b046-1af06387d059&pd_rd_w=oyc72&pd_rd_wg=QcJ3I&pf_rd_p=58c48919-0dc9-4c87-8768-4187d28be0a6&pf_rd_r=9GVVKKDZMGZ0W6J6A3WQ&qid=1606171884&sr=8-5

Is Reggie not his first name? :D

No.....Reginald to you boyo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,143 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

NcdJd wrote: »
    JB1989 & Whelan2 thank you. Ye have made up my mind. On the Christmas list as I miss proper homemade chips big time :D

In lidl from yesterday, couldn't see a price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

whelan2 wrote: »
    In lidl from yesterday, couldn't see a price

Thanks Whelan. Might take a trip down to Lidl during the week and have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Suckler

davidk1394 wrote: »
    I want a good set of bluetooth headphones

My 9-5 job requires a lot of travel and flying so have tried a lot of headphones over the years. I was given these recently - Sony WH-1000XM4, best I've ever had, noise cancelling is unbelievable, great battery life, good app to use with it. most of all they are very comfortable, after using some on long haul or overnight flights your ears might be sore to touch and some you'd have to clamp tight on your head to make sure you didn't lose them, none of that with these.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

NcdJd wrote: »
    Thanks Whelan. Might take a trip down to Lidl during the week and have a look.

Just noticed that the capacity of the lidl one is only 1.5 litres...

this is the one I purchased last year, after hearing a friend rave about how his kids loved chicken and chips in an air fryer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF64839mVu8&t=19s

I got it out of the box for this first time yesterday, I still don't like the design, too much glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,143 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Just noticed that the capacity of the lidl one is only 1.5 litres...

this is the one I purchased last year, after hearing a friend rave about how his kids loved chicken and chips in an air fryer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF64839mVu8&t=19s

I got it out of the box for this first time yesterday, I still don't like the design, too much glass.

Ye never liked those glass ones

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Suckler wrote: »
    My 9-5 job requires a lot of travel and flying so have tried a lot of headphones over the years. I was given these recently - Sony WH-1000XM4, best I've ever had, noise cancelling is unbelievable, great battery life, good app to use with it. most of all they are very comfortable, after using some on long haul or overnight flights your ears might be sore to touch and some you'd have to clamp tight on your head to make sure you didn't lose them, none of that with these.

I looked up the price of them, I don't think I can afford them yet !!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I'm going to chance sending my old Leatherman to the UK before brexit, hopefully it's replacement will be here under the 25yr warranty in time for Christmas. It won't be in the post 10 minutes before I reach for it.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Christmas sock filler idea..

Advertisement