Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For sale/wanted (cars/parts/etc)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,211 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Did they expect them to pay out on something that they (lol!) don't need to declare!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,871 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Update, the installer has now confirmed on social media that the insurance will almost certainly NOT pay out the full value in the event of a write off.

So it's a €7.5k uninsurable punt. Only good thing is that they're offering 2 years warranty on the upgrade/extension.

I guess if your battery has lost a load of capacity you might look at it like you can spend €7.5k on a new battery or €20k on a new car.

Most people would like a new car, but €12.5k is a big difference and if you're planning to drive the car to scrap anyway then it might be worth it.

You're definitely never going to make back the cost of the upgrade financially, but that's the same for all vehicle modifications

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

I am car-less. Budget can stretch to €20k if required / makes sense but don't need/want to spend all of that if required.

~200km 10 times a year is expected - and not great coverage for chargers towards where that journey ends up either.

In recent weeks have been completely set on a 30kWh Leaf (2015/2016), a 28 Ioniq (17/18) and am now have been reading about the Ampera an awful lot.

Trigger pulled. Now looking forward to the misery that is Insurance quote spam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,703 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Ioniq? Well wear! Now have a look through the whole Ioniq thread. It's very long, but all your questions will be answered and you will come across some issues that some people had, so you will be well prepared for all eventualities :-)

Yup - Ioniq from Phil @ electricautos. Hopefully get it delivered / pick it up this weekend. Am making my way through the several hundred pages in the Ioniq thread. Are there cliff notes anywhere?! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Yup - Ioniq from Phil @ electricautos. Hopefully get it delivered / pick it up this weekend. Am making my way through the several hundred pages in the Ioniq thread. Are there cliff notes anywhere?! :D

If in doubt, replace the 12v battery. :)
    The lower half of the battery will feel like less range than the upper half.
    I think I actually posted a list of things about the ioniq only recently.

Ioniq ownership is pretty hassle free. I still have a glitch in mine where the scheduled charging blanks itself, but I've noticed, it only blanks itself if I look at it (to change it perhaps). It's like Schrödinger's quantum cat. The schedule is both set and unset, but looking at the settings might alter the value of the setting.

Doesn't bother me really. I know once it's set it works, and if I'm editing it in editing it anyways so it's just a little extra few taps.

From the ioniq thread 3 weeks ago.
    208km is fine. All depends what type driving you're doing, but for me, half the time i'm driving like I stole it (hills involved), and getting around 15.5kWh/100km, and an indicated range of 190km with the heating on auto these cold mornings. It was up around 230km or more during the summer, while I was being a bit more gentle with it.

Tips? Not much.
    Style
    You can wrap the front and rear bumper if you don't like the look. Under €200 I think when I did it (I tinted windows too).

Servicing
    Shop around for servicing when the time comes. Some dealers can have quite inflated prices for very little work involved.
    Brakes seem to wear very lightly, since most the braking is done by regen.
    If your charge port stops locking the cable in place (and thus not charging) get onto Hyundai. You'll likely need a "modified charge port actuator" to replace your current one. There was an official recall which many have had done, but it didn't work and I and others have had to get this modified part to replace it.

Storage
    The boot floor can come out if you need some extra storage.
    There's no unofficial frunk as far as I know.

Charging
    Fast charging will slow down to around 25kW at 80%, so it's mostly a waste of time charging after than unless you need it.
    Fast charging at high powered charge stations (ionity or the few high powered ESB ones) will charge at somewhere between 62-69kW up to 80%. Worth about 6 minutes compared to the ESB 50kW units when charging from very low %.
    Fast charging will stop the session at 94%.
    There's a button at your right knee which overrides the scheduled AC charging settings. Very useful if you're topping up during the day (I didn't know about it for months)

Aside from that, do the maths on switching to a night rate. It's most likely worth your while switching, even with low mileage.

Don't mix up the go pedal and the stop pedal :D
    Your left leg isn't needed, stop trying to press the clutch
    That bang you heard was something rolling around in the boot
    Always P when you're stopped
    Regen is good
    Charge the car when the battery is low, don't charge above 80% unless you need it
    The range anxiety will fade after a few weeks
    Enjoy your new EV :D

Don't mix up the go pedal and the stop pedal :D
    Your left leg isn't needed, stop trying to press the clutch
    That bang you heard was something rolling around in the boot
    Always P when you're stopped

No need for that. Sounds like your car is your first automatic? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Are there cliff notes anywhere?!

Summer suburb range 240kms, winter motorway range keeping below 110kmph = ~160kms at most.

Also, as mentioned, second "half" of the battery is smaller than the first "half". Watch out for that!! Last 50% of range will go faster than first 50%. Plan accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Summer suburb range 230kms, winter motorway range keeping below 110kmph = ~160kms to zero % at most if your lucky!

Also, as mentioned, second "half" of the battery is smaller than the first "half". Watch out for that!! Last 50% of range will go faster than first 50%. Plan accordingly.

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    No need for that. Sounds like your car is your first automatic? ;)

It is, manual Auris before the Leaf, I was never a fan of sitting on the brake. It does my head in when someone keeps creeping forward at lights. Often if I'm beside them I'll floor it from standing just to show them they aren't going any faster by creeping

The first time the missus took the Leaf for a spin she nearly ploughed into a tree because she forgot the car creeps when you release the brake (took over a year to get her to drive it a second time)

Hence my advice, always P when you're stopped :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Or just pull the handbrake.. or auto hold..

I don't even put the niro in P, I just turn it off. Although I don't deal with much traffic.

graememk wrote: »
    Or just pull the handbrake.. or auto hold..

I don't even put the niro in P, I just turn it off. Although I don't deal with much traffic.

Leaf has no auto hold unless you put it in P

Nah, never P ;)

You'll get used to it. With one pedal driving that some EVs have these days you don't even need to touch the brake pedal, just lift off the accelerator. And after the car has come to a stop and eventually the light turns green, just stamp down your foot again :cool:

Zamboni wrote: »

How goes the selling? I need to get rid of my Leaf 24 in January and I'm wondering what the demand is like?

What is it? All the low end cheap Leafs that I posted in the bargain thread recently have sold. They were €3.5-4.5k cars though

I'll be in the market for one of these or a battery owned Fluence in a while though, but not until next summer

What is it? All the low end cheap Leafs that I posted in the bargain thread recently have sold. They were €3.5-4.5k cars though

I'll be in the market for one of these or a battery owned Fluence in a while though, but not until next summer

2016 Leaf 24 Acenta, 12/12 bars, good condition inside & out, just under 59,000km on the clock

Includes granny lead, Type2-Type1 charging cable and a 7kW EO Mini wall charger

I'm hoping for €9.9k, so not exactly bargain basement. I might post it on Facebook where it'll be considered a bargain :D

Very ambitious, in that price range you will be competing with 30kWh Leafs. I'd forget about DD and adverts and go straight to Facebook alright. Best of luck :D

2016 Leaf 24 Acenta, 12/12 bars, good condition inside & out, just under 59,000km on the clock

I'm hoping for €9.9k, so not exactly bargain basement. I might post it on Facebook where it'll be considered a bargain :D

Why you selling the eo mini?

graememk wrote: »
    Why you selling the eo mini?

I decided to upgrade to a Zappi, wanted some of the features that the Zappi has that the EO Mini doesn't

• Advertisement

Even if you have a huge solar array and your car is almost always at home and almost always connected to the Zappi, you do realise it will never pay for itself?

I did the sums for myself last year (and that was for the much cheaper first generation Zappi). It will have died long before it would have paid for itself. I wanted the figures to work, but they didn't. So I didn't "upgrade"...

Very ambitious, in that price range you will be competing with 30kWh Leafs. I'd forget about DD and adverts and go straight to Facebook alright. Best of luck :D

Well part of the reason I picked a number that high is because you tend to get people ringing up and just throwing out a lower amount. Might as well let them argue me down to a number I'll still be happy with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Kevin Forde

For Sale - 8m 32A (7kW) Type 1 cable
    €100 incl standard parcel post within RoI

Original tethered cable from a Zappi 1 EVSE. Just changed car from an Outlander PHEV to a BMW i3, so swapped my tethered charger cable to a Type 2.

Kevin

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Looking for the following over the next few weeks if anything pops out.

Home Charge Point.
    Type 2 Charging Cable possibly depending on whether the above is tethered or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Looking for a Granny cable for a while, picked up a c350e and it came with a type 2 only, no granny - even a swap possible considered as I wont have a wall charger in til New Year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭yannakis

Would you consider selling the EO Mini separately?

yannakis wrote: »
    Would you consider selling the EO Mini separately?

If no one wants it with the leaf then I'll probably sell it separately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Well part of the reason I picked a number that high is because you tend to get people ringing up and just throwing out a lower amount. Might as well let them argue me down to a number I'll still be happy with :)

I'll be doing the same in the new year when i put up my 142 Tekna :D

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭jerryg

I am selling my BMW i3.Its the 33 Kw battery bought new in August 2016.It has been well looked after and has given me no problems.It has 110,000 Kilometers equivalent to 70,000 miles in old money.Have a look at the pics and if you are interested give me a call or a pm on here.
    Thanks for reading Jerry

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-i3-33-kw-battery-range-175-220-kms/26782663

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Bit optimistic on the range figures there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

not sure about that. Easily 175 in winter and over 200 km in mine. Obviously thats not belting up motorways.

DrPhilG likes belting up motorways (as do I). I think he got no more than 80km out of his Leaf in winter :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

DrPhilG likes belting up motorways (as do I). I think he got no more than 80km out of his Leaf in winter :D

Yeah 80km if it was cold and wet. Which meant on a Dublin run I'd be stopping every 50-60km to charge lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,188 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Anyone got a home charge point to sell?

I think Gumbo has a basic one for sale? You could PM him

• Advertisement

Cyrus wrote: »
    Anyone got a home charge point to sell?
    I think Gumbo has a basic one for sale? You could PM him

Cheers but I sold all mine.
    Now I’m on the hunt to buy another for the parents :)

Here’s the thing, they have gone up in value over recent years. I paid €200 for my ABL h it and sold for €300 3 years later. I paid €225 for the bmw wallbox and sold for just under €300 this year too.

There’s a good 32a (7kw) one being sold by evonestop in the Uk for £229 plus £15 postage and I’m gona get that for the parents. It works out cheaper that what people are now looking for chargers online and with a warranty.

QUBEV - EV CHARGING UNIT | TYPE 2 SOCKET | 32 AMP/7.2 KW | IP65 | (17th Edition) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WW6ZWVN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_R6F6FbA26G0PW

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭DM1983

Was looking at that same one myself and about to pull trigger. Will it come in duty free do you know?

DM1983 wrote: »
    Was looking at that same one myself and about to pull trigger. Will it come in duty free do you know?

That's the big if isn't it, the deal is done, but it hasn't been approved by the UK parliament

You can order now and strictly speaking it should be tariff free since it was purchased before the transition period ended. Or play it safe and wait a few weeks to see how things work out

Alternatively you can order it from Amazon.de or another European site. You won't get free delivery but it could be worth it for certainty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭Gabico

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dcn90

Hey all, I’m putting an order in for a Tesla M3 so selling a 201 White Kona electric with 20k km. I have it up for €36500 but open to offers. I own a Safe Electric registered electrical contracting company so the price includes either of the following chargers installed; Andersen, Zappi, Wallbox, EO, Garo, and open to sourcing a different one should someone wish.

If interested PM me and I’ll send the link which is on DoneDeal, Carzone and Carsireland

• Advertisement

dcn90 wrote: »
    Hey all, I’m putting an order in for a Tesla M3 so selling a 201 White Kona electric with 20k km. I have it up for €36500 but open to offers. I own a Safe Electric registered electrical contracting company so the price includes either of the following chargers installed; Andersen, Zappi, Wallbox, EO, Garo, and open to sourcing a different one should someone wish.

If interested PM me and I’ll send the link which is on DoneDeal, Carzone and Carsireland

If ordering a new Tesla make sure to use a referral code from one of the existing owners. You get free supercharging miles. So do I or whoever refers you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Did you look at the other cars advertised before picking the price?

Gumbo wrote: »
    If ordering a new Tesla make sure to use a referral code from one of the existing owners. You get free supercharging miles. So do I or whoever refers you.

Thanks a mill, I got one of these referral codes from a kind friend, they’re a great idea!

L-M wrote: »
    Did you look at the other cars advertised before picking the price?

Yes I did indeed, it seems to be priced right; i.e., on Carsireland there’s only one 2020 model cheaper, and the rest are between 37-40. Thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Yes I did indeed, it seems to be priced right; i.e., on Carsireland there’s only one 2020 model cheaper, and the rest are between 37-40. Thanks for the reply!

Personally, if I was buying a car in that price range from a private seller id want a significant discount vs buying from a dealer.

I know the car is covered by warranty etc. but there is extra piece of mind by buying from a dealer, especially in this price range.

Anyway, best of luck with the sale. M3 will be a nice upgrade!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Casati

Personally, if I was buying a car in that price range from a private seller id want a significant discount vs buying from a dealer.

I know the car is covered by warranty etc. but there is extra piece of mind by buying from a dealer, especially in this price range.

Anyway, best of luck with the sale. M3 will be a nice upgrade!

You can get a brand new Kona on the road for 36300 with eco upgrade deal. Also can avail of 3.9% Apr and five year servicing. I can’t see a secondhand one sold privately worth more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Might be worth looking at Carzone (Much more popular) and what they are new. You’re going to need to be close to 30k to sell that car. There’s the same car in a dealer with a 10th of the mileage for the same piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭galaxy12

Any decent EV's someone can recommend in this budget ?
    I was looking for a 181 Niro or Kona due to the much higher range they have over say a used nissan leaf ..

Any thoughts ?

galaxy12 wrote: »
    I was looking for a 181 Niro or Kona due to the much higher range they have over say a used nissan leaf ..

Any thoughts ?

I think the earliest e-niro and kona is '19 and there isn't that many of them

• Moderators Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

galaxy12 wrote: »

Any thoughts ?

What budget? You don't mention one.

And the niro and Kona were not fully electric in 2018 as far as I know. 2019 and beyond. They would be 28-33k in price range. Kona on the low end, niro on the higher end.

• Advertisement
Advertisement