Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hive single channel

Options
  • 05-10-2020 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hi folks, I have tried getting support from hive to no avail but will keep trying.
    When the hive unit is in manual if I use the boost during the day it will come on at night.
    If I don't boost during the day it stays off all night.
    There are no actions set on the phone app and we never programmed any on the hive.
    I knocked of the power and removed the batteries which needed replacing anyway thinking this might default to factory settings.
    Until I get some advice or re-reg my account I can always switch off at night.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I’m getting this issue recently too.

I have it set to manual in the app and just now, 12:46am I heard the boiler fire up. Checked the app and give said heating. I knocked it off and off it went.

But what’s causing it to come on by itself?
    I’ve noticed it over the last few weeks.

Been working perfectly for the last 2 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭antietam1

Removed the Hive and put in a Sonoff 16 amp instead.
    Don't forget to check the batteries in your hive.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

antietam1 wrote: »
    Removed the Hive and put in a Sonoff 16 amp instead.
    Don't forget to check the batteries in your hive.

I rebooted the hub through the app the other day. So far no spontaneous switch on yet.

Advertisement