Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quooker tap leaking

Options
  • 23-11-2020 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,607 ✭✭✭

We have a ten-year-old Quooker - early model - a boiling-water tap.

Lately when outlet tap is switched on, water leaks from around the tap body.
    There appears to be no way INTO the tap to check on washers, etc

Help, does anyone here have any experience with the Quooker?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭poker--addict

We have one 9 months old dripping (almost a tiny flow), appears to be the boiling water too. Any ideas?

😎

I have found the red washer in fitting at top of boiler which connects to the tap pipe is in very bad state.

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 4,607 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

In the end we found the maker's agent, and they sent out a mechanic who fixed the whole issue in double-quick time for a modest price.

in the end quooker sent out an engineer and it was fixed in an hour with some components replaced free of charge.

If you have high water pressure it is necessary to get a regulator. This was a possible factor in my dripping tap. All is solved now.

Happy with the service from quooker, who were also super quick sending me parts when I said I would try DIY fix initially, as the engineers are about 2-3 weeks wait.

😎

Advertisement