Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porch roof

Options
  • 20-11-2020 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Is there any neat methods of putting a trap and gulley and wavin pipe into or through a footpath to take water from a downpipe off a small porch roof? This should have been done when footpaths were going down but was forgotten by builder.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,281 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Is there any neat methods of putting a trap and gulley and wavin pipe into or through a footpath to take water from a downpipe off a small porch roof? This should have been done when footpaths were going down but was forgotten by builder.

Thanks

Building regs state that roofs 6 sqm or less do not require gutters.
    Would this be an option?
    Otherwise, id suggest cutting out a section of the path and redoing after pipework installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

mickdw wrote: »
    Building regs state that roofs 6 sqm or less do not require gutters.
    Would this be an option?
    Otherwise, id suggest cutting out a section of the path and redoing after pipework installed.

I have a flat slab as the roof but this is turning green along the sides from water dripping down it. Would prefer if i could take the water off.

I have a flat slab as the roof but this is turning green along the sides from water dripping down it. Would prefer if i could take the water off.

How would one bring water off a pavement from downpipe with no gully in position? Is it possible?

How would one bring water off a pavement from downpipe with no gully in position? Is it possible?

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

put in gully into a pipe or soak pit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Tails142

Cut through the path and slot in an acco drain to act as both a gully and pipe?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Advertisement