Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace Dump phonewatch CP with Smart Solution

Options
  • 20-11-2020 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I have no idea if this is possible but hoping you can help.

CURRENT SETUP
    I had phonewatch installed 15 - 20 years ago.
    The current setup is
    Control Panel: All it says on the front is Securewatch HKC
    Outside Alarm wallbox
    3 door sensors + about 10 window sensors (wired)
    2 internal PIRs (wired)
    Alarm is NOT connected to phoneline instead is connected to what I assume is a GMS mobile unit (this was installed as an addition about 10 years ago)

QUESTION
    Is it possible to replace the control panel to something more modern (that has IOT capabilities) but at the same time maintain use of the existing wired door/window sensors and PIRs etc. or is it a case that off of it ceases to be of use?
    If it is possible would you have any suggestions?

ULTIMATE GOAL
    I'd like to incorporate all of the IOT stuff in the house (heating, lights, blink and Ring cameras, alexa etc) into a single portal eg Home Assist)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Sounds like you either have a HKC 6/10 or 8/12 panel.

Years back Phonewatch installed HKC equipment but they used digital HKC detectors, this is their own protocol so I cannot see how it is technically possible that they could be compatible with another control device.

Advertisement