Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

watch repair and brand queries

Options
  • 30-10-2020 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭

Ive a watch I want repaired, it slipped out of my hand and landed on a wood floor, and the hands wont pass a certain point, I havent forced it, as I can rotate them backwards, but the position it gets stuck changes,
    I have considered possible options, and Im uncertain what a repair might cost, a person I bought a different watch off on adverts.ie told me previously they could post to Poland for repair, but Im a bit unsure if I should post not because I never even met the guy, but it seems the watch/package would be doing relays from me to this guy and then to Poland and back and that was before Corona virus.
    any suggestions for a bricks and mortar business and an online one? to get some price comparisons
    Im not sure of the value but it seems quite unique, I think it was the same guy that told me the mechanism is possibly only a cheap chinese type, but the face and back which is transparent seems quite unique to me, along with the hour minute hands there is an hour of day and an indicator to show charge/how much its been auto wound/although you can wind this manually also, Ive never seen the same layout, but Im no expert. It says make is mitsubishi, but it looks nicer than any Ive seen online branded that way.
    Suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

? any opinions, suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

1874 wrote: »
    ? any opinions, suggestions?

Where do you live? Not much point directing you to a watch repairer in Dublin if you live in Cork.

I'd say being it to a reputable guy when we go back to level 3 and ask him/her if it's worth fixing and how much it would cost. I

Maybe post a pic here of the watch so we can have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

Where do you live? Not much point directing you to a watch repairer in Dublin if you live in Cork.

I'd say being it to a reputable guy when we go back to level 3 and ask him/her if it's worth fixing and how much it would cost. I

Maybe post a pic here of the watch so we can have a look.

I meant to add that in, was in work and typing on my phone, not something I like, prefer the keyboard, but Dublin location. I'll try get a pic and upload, before I saw this watch, I didnt realise Mitsubishi put watches out there, or for what reason, I'm sure they just brand watches from some existing watch maker,

Id be more reluctant to send online for repair, unless the repair costs for bricks and mortar are exorbitant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

1874 wrote: »
    I meant to add that in, was in work and typing on my phone, not something I like, prefer the keyboard, but Dublin location. I'll try get a pic and upload, before I saw this watch, I didnt realise Mitsubishi put watches out there, or for what reason, I'm sure they just brand watches from some existing watch maker,

Id be more reluctant to send online for repair, unless the repair costs for bricks and mortar are exorbitant.

https://www.dugganjewellers.ie

On the north-side in Fairview.

This guy has a good reputation. I've only used him to fix a watch bracelet for which he charged €3, so unlikely to overcharge you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

OmegaGene wrote: »

This is brilliant, thank you! I came here looking for somewhere where I could get my Tag serviced/repaired. I didn't know this guy existed. Previously I'd used a guy in Fade Street but that was a good few years ago.
    Thanks again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Tag service centre in the U.K. isn’t too expensive depending on what needs to be done and worth checking out

Again, thank you very much. That's very helpful.
    It needs a proper servicing and the clasp on the strap needs to be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭This is it

What would you expect to pay for a service onna Tag? Obviously it depends on if it needs parts but just a generic service.

Advertisement