Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving out some of employment history?

Options
  • 30-01-2013 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I spent a year working in the UK but didn’t include it in my employment history because I didn’tlook for a garda clearance from UK. However I later realised my best reference would be from the UK job sonow im sorry I left it out. My question –would it be ok to put UK job on CV when job hunting. I will be seeking work in healthcare, so willneed a medical cert, so they might look at applications more closely as policevetting is obviously important. Would itbe sufficient if I get the UK police cert after getting visa?

Also, does it list previous employers on the workpermit issued on arrival in Canada?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Irelandman1998

I spent a year working in the UK but didn’t include it in my employment history because I didn’tlook for a garda clearance from UK. However I later realised my best reference would be from the UK job sonow im sorry I left it out. My question –would it be ok to put UK job on CV when job hunting. I will be seeking work in healthcare, so willneed a medical cert, so they might look at applications more closely as policevetting is obviously important. Would itbe sufficient if I get the UK police cert after getting visa?

Also, does it list previous employers on the workpermit issued on arrival in Canada?

Hey man,

in a similar position myself, what did you end up doing?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Also, does it list previous employers on the work permit issued on arrival in Canada?

No it does not.

You can get the police cert(s) after the fact.
    Actually I had to apply twice to get my Garda cert because 1 was for the application and 1 was for the job as I needed security clearance.

So, I'd say put the relevant jobs on your CV/Resume and good luck job hunting.

Another tip I'd give is to get a LinkedIn profile up to date. It's full of recruiters. I'm sure with a bit of searching you can find a few in the area you ant to move to in the industry you are part of.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I will be seeking work in healthcare
    Check out where actually needs healthcare people first. Toronto didn't need nurses back in 2017, so if you applied for a nurse position a year before you went over, they may look at your application before you get there.

Also, they request lots of info.

Grrrrrr Grrrr

My best zombie growl.

Advertisement