Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Craft) beer shop cork city

Options
  • 13-06-2021 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭

Hi chaps,

Is there anywhere in the city centre that sells decent bottled/canned beer?

Many thanks.

M.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Bradley's is the obvious suggestion. Even as a Dub I know that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Zaph wrote: »
    Bradley's is the obvious suggestion. Even as a Dub I know that. :D

Thanks, I didn’t know that as I’ve only been in the city twice in 15 years and will be there soon, I also live 2 hours away.

Well you can't go wrong with Bradley's, they have a great selection. They're in North Main Street.

Zaph wrote: »
    Well you can't go wrong with Bradley's, they have a great selection. They're in North Main Street.

Is that anywhere near Oliver plunkett street?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Thanks, I didn’t know that as I’ve only been in the city twice in 15 years and will be there soon, I also live 2 hours away.

I know you said city centre, but if you're driving you could try Matson's in Grange (and Youghal) which have arguably the best selection going IMHO.

• Advertisement

I know you said city centre, but if you're driving you could try Matson's in Grange (and Youghal) which have arguably the best selection going IMHO.

Thanks, unfortunately, although I’ll be driving in it will only be to Oliver plunkett street and then back out to my hotel for the night.

Is that anywhere near Oliver plunkett street?

About a 10 minute walk according to Google maps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Is O Donovans still open on Oliver Plunkett street? Even they should have a half decent selection

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

O'Donovan's used to be good a few years back but the selection was very pedestrian the last time I was there. Best to stick with Bradleys to avoid disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭timmyjimmy

Bradley's would definitely be worth the walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Framed10

Thanks, unfortunately, although I’ll be driving in it will only be to Oliver plunkett street and then back out to my hotel for the night.

Where is your Hotel based?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Framed10

Framed10 wrote: »
    Where is your Hotel based?

Matsons in Grange is definitely the best, the choice is huge. It's only 5 minutes from the Kinsale roundabout and easy to get to by car if staying in hotel outside city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Well if your Hotel is in the south of the city, (or along the south link) you might be better off going to Matsons. Might be tricky to source parking on street near Bradleys depending on the time you are in town.

While I havent been to No 21 on coburg street/ watercourse road, my midleton friends swear by the one out their way.

Also, if you havent considered it already, the core range of beers in Tesco/Dunnes is quite solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

The Bierhaus on Pope's Quay is another option. It is a bar, but they do take-aways as well. Not as wide range of cans as Bradley's or Matson's, but fairly good for limited edition releases. You could also get some draught beer to take away in a growler from there.

But really, Bradley's and Matson's are the best. I slightly prefer Matson's since it is easier to park there and the limited edition releases tend to hang around there for a bit longer than they do in Bradley's. But, you can't go wrong with either options.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,426 ✭✭✭TheChizler

sharingan wrote: »
    Well if your Hotel is in the south of the city, (or along the south link) you might be better off going to Matsons. Might be tricky to source parking on street near Bradleys depending on the time you are in town.
    There's free 2 hour parking in in the multistorey across from it which people seem to forget about.

Galvin's on Bandon Road have a decent range of Irish, German and Belgian beers. Matson's/Bradley's would probably be the best though.

Advertisement