Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bettystown beach

Options
  • 18-07-2020 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Contemplating a spin here during the week with my toddler and haven’t been in years. Google telling me that I can’t park on the beach since covid, just wondering if anybody can tell me the best place to park that’s hopefully not too long of a walk to bring the little lad and all the bits and pieces that go with. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭bladespin

Parking near Funtasia (across from main beach entrance), also along the road (opposite chipper and shop), not really too bad during the week, on a sunny weekend it could be a struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭al_E_kat

bladespin wrote: »
    Parking near Funtasia (across from main beach entrance), also along the road (opposite chipper and shop), not really too bad during the week, on a sunny weekend it could be a struggle.

Perfect thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36 OisinDunne

al_E_kat wrote: »
    Perfect thanks

Free parking at the school for all beach goers. The parking at the shops is for shoppers and not beach users. There is talk of clamping there for long staying people.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Is Funatasia still open? Given Covid-19 rules, but also in general the last time I was there (years and years ago) it was getting very run down with barely any of the machines functioning properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 OisinDunne

All closed.
    Beach is still closed to cars too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭uli84

OisinDunne wrote: »
    All closed.
    Beach is still closed to cars too.

That’s a disaster, in colder weather loved to sit in the car and look at the sea

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

had my first trip to the beach of the year on saturday, lovely day, fierce windy, had a surprisingly nice burger in reddans, it wasn't the plan, but I didn't want to go to mcdonalds as the kids were demanding. Very Friendly service there.

We parked in front of the shop, will look for something better the next time, but we got away with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

There's always plenty of parking around Laytown, it's the same beach. It's also got a pretty good playground for kids if you want to mix things up a bit, or give them an extra run around before getting into the car.

Advertisement