Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why does saorview not stream over internet?

Options
  • 08-06-2019 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭

I am just puzzled about this. Why, when we have to pay a TV licence fee for RTE, do they not have an app that just streams the channels for us. I know you can stream on RTE player but that is much less user friendly than just having an app with all the free to air channels available. REally irritated that it seems i will need to buy a saorview box and aeriel when I have an android tv box available.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Just to point out that all TVs sold in the last 7 years (and probably longer) should have a terrestrial tuner that receives all the Saorview channels without the need for a separate box.

An aerial would still be required.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Just to point out that all TVs sold in the last 7 years (and probably longer) should have a terrestrial tuner that receives all the Saorview channels without the need for a separate box.

An aerial would still be required.

Not everyome can get a Saorview Signal

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Not everyome can get a Saorview Signal

Those who cannot, can get a Saorsat signal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

You've answered your own question surely. You can stream from the RTE player.

Or just attach an aerial to your TV, no box needed.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Magnet run an IPTV service called aertv.ie though it seems not to be free. I'm sure it was free once upon a time?

• Advertisement

Those who cannot, can get a Saorsat signal.

Which only gives them them RTÉ and TG4, no Virgin Media channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Why would you narrowcast something that is already broadcast? Or are you looking for time shifting?

Victor wrote: »
    Why would you narrowcast something that is already broadcast? Or are you looking for time shifting?

As per the initial message in this thread..
    Fian wrote: »
    it seems i will need to buy a saorview box and aeriel when I have an android tv box available.

Advertisement