Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boys running in a girls relay team

Options
  • 30-05-2019 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Now I do KNOW that this seems like a stupid question but....

In Athletics Ireland juvenile competitions in Ireland, can a boy run as part of a girls relay team, or vice versa of course?

I’ve looked (briefly I admit) on the Athletics Ireland website and the Juvenile Competition Booklet and I can’t find any mention of the subject.

Once again, I acknowledge that the answer seems obvious!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

quenching wrote: »
    Now I do KNOW that this seems like a stupid question but....

In Athletics Ireland juvenile competitions in Ireland, can a boy run as part of a girls relay team, or vice versa of course?

I’ve looked (briefly I admit) on the Athletics Ireland website and the Juvenile Competition Booklet and I can’t find any mention of the subject.

Once again, I acknowledge that the answer seems obvious!

Athletics Ireland are governed by the rules set down by the International Association of Athletics Federations where relays are single gender unless stated otherwise (a specifically titled mixed relay)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

KSU wrote: »
    Athletics Ireland are governed by the rules set down by the International Association of Athletics Federations where relays are single gender unless stated otherwise (a specifically titled mixed relay)

Thank you for that, that’s very helpful. It does seem obvious that a girls race would only have girls.. But you never know.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

quenching wrote: »
    Thank you for that, that’s very helpful. It does seem obvious that a girls race would only have girls.. But you never know.....

You would think but the world is a weird place these days

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

A child might have transitioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

judeboy101 wrote: »
    A child might have transitioned?

That's where I thought this thread was going at first, thankfully this hasn't started to become an issue this side of the Atlantic just yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement