Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 12 €739 / Apple Watch €349

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Fly_away

Are there any catches to this?

Can I simply just pop in my GOMO sim card and it'll work?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Yes, they are network unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MovieFest

I'm always curious why the cellular version isn't sold by Apple in Ireland, always thought there might be an issue with them, glad to hear there's not. The GPS version is also on sale which is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Used: like new?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Used: like new?

The one you are looking at now maybe sold out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

MovieFest wrote: »
    I'm always curious why the cellular version isn't sold by Apple in Ireland, always thought there might be an issue with them, glad to hear there's not. The GPS version is also on sale which is great!

No carriers in Ireland support the particular eSim (one that extends your primary mobile number on to another number which is what the sim in the watch requires). Until carriers support this apple won’t sell them here officially. Also before anyone asks Vodafone UK and Vodafone IE are completely different companies and networks so just because the UK have it doesn’t mean It’s trivial for IE too have it also.

The cellular watches work completely fine without this carrier support you just obviously lose the cellular functionality.

Advertisement