Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it worth doing a self install?

Options
  • 18-06-2021 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm bought a new house that is pre-wired for all PID and door/window sensors in key parts of the house. Would i be saving much by buying a full system and installing myself, or would it be worth having someone else install it.

I'm looking at the HKC products, but not sure where to get a full system. I'll be going for a self monitored option as I've a fairly solid internet connection and the house network is right next to the security wire hub.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭altor

Xios wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I'm bought a new house that is pre-wired for all PID and door/window sensors in key parts of the house. Would i be saving much by buying a full system and installing myself, or would it be worth having someone else install it.

I'm looking at the HKC products, but not sure where to get a full system. I'll be going for a self monitored option as I've a fairly solid internet connection and the house network is right next to the security wire hub.

Best thing to do is price off the suppliers and then determine the amount of time for a self install is worth the difference.

Here is a link to suppliers list.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

Other thing to note is - does your insurance cover require that it be installed (and maintained) by certified installer.

Often they will offer a discount for same (~5%) - Personally I never take it.

Advertisement